Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Aetna Medicare Prescription Service

I was wondering if any other MOC members use Aetna for their Medicare prescription service. I switched to Aetna this year in order to save on premiums and was also told by Extended Health, my health account administrator, that my drugs would be covered and they would also qualify for generic substitution.

Without going into long detail I am having problems with Aetna filling a prescription that I have been on for a number of years. I have discussed this with my Dr., who was in contact with Aetna w/o any luck. Currently I am appealing Aetna's decision.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Aetna?

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We had Aetna for one year. We were not totally happy and switched back to United Health Care. This year we switched to First Health, before doing so, we thoroughly checked out the formulary to ensure that all my Rx were covered.

Medicare has a comparison capability on their site. When searching for this year's option, we looked for the best option with a 3 star or higher rating. Since we moved from Texas to North Carolina we were forced to re-enroll as of 1/1/12 in NC. The change saved us $32 per month in premiums and our generic Rx (the majority) are $0 copay. Unless I missed something, this was a good change for us. Of course, it remains to be seen on how First Health preforms.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
I had a problem getting Aetna not approving my script. They wanted me to take a generic script instead, my doctor explained to them the generic did not work after I took it for a couple of months. Aetna then approved the new drug.
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
After conversing with my Illinois Dr. I am convinced that I will switch to a Florida Dr as we will be here permantly by fall, even if we don't sell the Illinois house when we go back in April. My Illinois Dr. told me a long time ago how he felt about Aetna and after our last conversation I know he will not pursue on my behalf.

Aetna's position is based on their formulary for my drug. My Illinois Dr. will not change to accomodate Aetna and as a result my appeal was denied. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a Dr. that my wife has been seeing in Florida and am confident that he can prescribe something that will work out for me and Aetna.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote