Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
lpostema

M.O.C. #8350
TV connections

We just bought a 2007 3400RL from a private party. When ordered new, the previous owner did not have any tv/stereo equipment included so nothing has ever been hooked up. We're confused regarding which TV jacks go where!! There is one with 2 jacks, labeled TV/Satellite, just below is a single jack that isn't labeled. The surround sound big black box is there with many colored wires. We want to connect cable tv and be able to use the antenna occasionally. Previous 5th wheels we've had we had only one TV jack and we switched from cable to antenna using the TV remote.
We live in a rural area and are unable to get antenna reception here to check the jacks for that connection.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks from new Montana owners who love the rig but are having many senior moments trying to resolve this issue.

lpostema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
harrykapp
Established Member

M.O.C. #7657
The top jack is the cable feed from the outside water compartment. The next jack is the feed from the roof ant. The third jack is a feed back to the bedroom TV for DVD or dish feed. To get the cable feed to the bedroom you have to turn off the ant. booster in the closet. Just push the little button and the green lite will go off. You have to go into the tv menu and change the tv to cable or ant. on both of the tv's.
harrykapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Or it could be any of the above. We have documented differences in the three cable system, depending on the old-world craftsmen mood for the day. I think trial and error may be in order. The box for the surround sound you see is the subwoofer, if the other speakers are present (three in the front of the entertainment center, and two others - one above the dining room table in the corner and the other above the couch in the corner) then you have all of the cheapo original speakers intact. We still use our oem ones despite many complaints on this forum and so far are pleased with them and the dvd/surround system (I probably just jinxed myself). Any surround system should drive the speakers if they are present. Hope this helps,
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Look for a splitter in the living room entertainment center area, probably near the TV. I have one on my 2007 MFG'd 3400RL. It is fed from the BatWing antenna on the roof.

There will be a line from it to the TV in the LR and a line to the single jack in the cabinet above the TV and DVD. That single jack typically runs to the back BR TV. The bottom two jacks on the same plate have a jumper cable between them. With the booster in the closet in the BR turned on (green light on - there is a small button on the top of the plate) you should have reception to each set using the antenna. On my MFG's 2007 3400 RL I can plug into the outside cable jack in the convenience center and use the TV's input to switch between cable and antenna

That's my 3400 story and I'm sticking with it. Yours may be different.

The wires are for the speaker system. You should see three speakers on the cabenet facade just above the TV, and two speakers above the couch (across from the TV). On the back of the OEM DVD player are the points of contact for each speaker. You will have to trace which set of wires goes to what speaker and connect accordingly. This is assuming that you have the original DVD player. If you have a newer model, you may have RCA Phono Plug Jacks on the back of the DVD player and the wiring for the speakers will have to be changed out, or Phono Jacks soldered on to the existing wires.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
lpostema

M.O.C. #8350
Thanks for all the help, we do so appreciate it. Now we'll take all this out to the rig and see what we can figure out.
For unknown reasons, I wasn't able to pull up the responses on my "good" computer so had to drag out the dinosaur which is slow but let me read the responses.

Leanne
lpostema is offline   Reply With Quote