Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Spring is on the Way !!

Wow, it is sure hard to sit in here today. It is currently 55 degrees, sunny and no wind. There is also no snow except in the occassional drifts. This is in NW North Dakota, who would have guessed? Spring fever is setting in big time and there is a certain anticipation of getting the Montana out on the road early this spring. Can't wait. Happy trails to all you lucky people on the road.

Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Yeah, we got the itch too. Our hinderance has not been the weather, rather work schedule. Had planned to get out for a three-day weekend. RAIN!!! We could do it anyway. It's not like camping in a tent. But....sloshing around is sloching around. Sure want to get out and practice living in the mobil estate. Fulltiming is just around the corner.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Signs of Spring in my front yard:

http://www.dwilliamson.com/Spring.jpg

We made a quick trip down to Austin, Texas. Spent Friday and Saturday nights in Tyler State Park then Sunday and Monday in the McKinney Falls State Park near Austin. Really beautiful weather for those days down there. And a lovely campsite with only redbirds for noisy neighbors.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
our spring fever came on Jan. 10th..beautiful day warm and all the snow melted.now it's back to reality in teens at night and the storm the other day brought 14 inches of snow!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
We had a beautiful day here in north Georgia; temperatures in the upper 50s and clear blue skies, but the itch has been with me for some time--in truth it never goes away. The school where I teach has two weeks off at the end of the month, and we have 10 days reserved at Unicoi State Park. Hopefully, that will be the first trip out in the 3295RK we are trying to buy!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
The fever hit us last weekend. Had the rig ready to go on Friday. I hitched up and was going to pull out infront of house, (keep rig parked beside house) and be ready when wife came home from work. The rig and truck both sank in the yard. Finally got truck out after 1/2 hour, side yard now looks like a mud pit. After rain and snow this week, looks like a while before we get to go.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Virgil

Wow, it is sure hard to sit in here today. It is currently 55 degrees, sunny and no wind. There is also no snow except in the occassional drifts. This is in NW North Dakota, who would have guessed? Spring fever is setting in big time and there is a certain anticipation of getting the Montana out on the road early this spring. Can't wait. Happy trails to all you lucky people on the road.
Hey Virgil, ya got it better than we do. It was only 52 for a high today and rain, rain and more rain. Had to put the awning up as they are calling for hi winds tonight. Sunny?? What sun?? And they call this the sunshine state but than again they are calling for the 70's this weekend.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:04 PM   #8
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
After this week, I'm just COLD. We had about 16 inches of snow between Sunday and Tuesday and it's starting to snow out right now. Forecast is for another 2 inches tonight and with a clipper coming up the coast....who knows.
It's been a rough winter, I can't wait until it's over. I want to use my new truck for what it's meant for!

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #9
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
This has been an unsual winter, very nice in fact. We had only about 10 days of cold (-30) weather. We have been warmer that Florida on a few occasions this winter. When you live somewhere as cold as it gets here, it is nice to have some mild weather. Out normal highs this time of year are low to mid 30's. Winters are undesireable normally, but the summers can't be beat. We are looking at a very dry summer with little or no mountain run off. The Missouri River here is setting record low levels. We were in San Antonio 2 weeks ago and it was cool there. The weather is goofy all over this winter. And yes it will cool off before it warms up.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Padre, with a backyard like that I'd sure be tempted to back the Montana up to that view and spend the weekends in it! Lovely backyard! Beautiful flowers, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:00 PM   #11
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Yep, the spring fever has got us also. Will be gone for just two days, Sunday and Monday nights. Will go to local state park. Also will be giving an education lesson for high schoolers on the Oregon Trail and the crossing of the Snake River near Glens Ferry, Idaho. I will use any excuse to get the 5er out and on the road.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #12
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
It was 26 degrees here yesterday, had to go out into the Mountaineer yesterday to check on things and get something out and it as a comfortable 52 degrees inside without any heat on. Impressed me, I was expecting it to be much cooler inside.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:04 AM   #13
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks, Steve. We do enjoy our homeplace. One of the reasons we will never be fulltimers. I am living in the same small area where all eight of my great grandparents lived and where all four of my grandparents were born as, of course, were my parents and I. Actually moved back after 40 years of service around East Texas. This all just to say how important "place" is in my life. But that doesn't keep us from enjoying travel. We just got back from Austin (a place with which I know you are familiar) and will leave on a cruise out of Galveston on April 2.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:15 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Padre,
Love your daffodils. There are several communities here in Northern California that have lots of daffodils planted around the freeways and all up and down hills beside the freeway. It is really beautiful. They just say Spring. We are going on a cruise in May. (Out of Seattle) Taking the train to Seattle cause we like trains. It is an RV Cruise with a company in Texas.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:17 AM   #15
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
The sun is shining here(IL) and the temp is rising! It is about 39 degrees now and promising to get warmer! Sunday we are to have temps in the 50's...we will do some more work on the camper if that is the case....Some of the lilac bushes are budding too!!!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:49 AM   #16
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Spring has arrived in Yuma, we have actually had 8 days with no rain. A record since we moved into our Montana last May. Sprinkles last night. I guess the sure sign is that they have the SNAKES ARE OUT signs up in the park. Kind of glad I don't have a pet that has to be walked in the desert! The cactii are blooming as are all kinds of other flowers. It doesn't even look like desert. Wettest year in a long time. (That's cause we are here!)
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:24 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Spring..what's that..we (Norhern Ohio) are incased in ice and snow. Lake Erie is a block of Ice..Alberta Clippers and Canadian Highs are killing us..can't you folks up in Canada do something about that??? Another clipper due in over the weekend....help.....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:44 AM   #18
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
The temp. is fine here in washington state it is getting into the 60s.
We are getting the Montana ready had it in for some small fixes, just need to drain the antifreeze and flush and we are ready to go. We won't be going south to Ca. to much rain what a switch no rain here and flooding there. Well they say we will pay for the lack of rain this sommer in high water bills.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:57 AM   #19
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Sure glad some of you are experiencing spring. It sure hasn't arrived here in Michigan. Padredw your daffodils are beautiful and give me hope that spring will arrive---someday. We are like so many of you and are getting out of town. Leaving for Bilixo, MS probably Tuesday or Wednesday for two or three weeks. Hopefully when we get back it will be spring here---ha ha ha.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:18 AM   #20
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Just thought I would post this picture so everyone would know what it is like here in Michigan. Fortunately, this is a picture off John Dee's web site in the Upper Peninsula and it is not that bad down here. If ever you want to go to an interesting site check his out www.johndee.com believe it or not there are people who actually like snow---boohoo.

Dennis told me to just put SPRING is here also---we can see the stop sign now.

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote