Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #1
Montana_1722

M.O.C. #1722
Don't camp at Country Waye in Luray, VA

Tonight we loaded up the Mountaineer and headed west to Country Waye RV Resort in Luray, VA. We made a reservation a few weeks ago and we had to reschedule for another date (this weekend). When we arrived on the rescheduled day (today) they did not have our reservation and they claimed they were full. They apologized and remembered our reservation but did nothing to accomodate us. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. I personally belive they cancelled our reservation because we rescheduled.

It really appears they are dishonest and take rescheduling as a personal attack on their campground. They will NEVER get my business.

My family had to return home because all the other campgrounds were full. BIG BUMMER for us, especially the kids, and, as you can tell, I'm VERY UPSET!

Montana_1722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:22 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the heads up posting...Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:15 AM   #3
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Country Waye. I wouldn't go back again either if it happened to me. We love the Shenandoah Valley area and are going back next Wed for 4 days and will be staying at Harrisonburg/New Market KOA, which we've been very pleased with so far. It's loacted about 3.5 miles off of I-81, but is well worth the drive back there. Luray(caverns), New Market (battlefields) and Strasburg (antiquing) are all very accessible from this campground.
I see you're from Warrenton, so just wanted to make you aware that we're trying to get a rally organized sometime this coming spring, so if you're interested please go to the forum "North American MOC/Virginia Region" for further info.
Happy Camping.
"On The Road Again"
Marshall & Rosemary
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:17 PM   #4
Theadamsfamily
Established Member

M.O.C. #1793
Gramer,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. We have considered camping at Country Wayne but will reconsider now. We stayed at the KOA in Charlottesville in a TT last year and would not go back. We purchased our 3295 in July and have taken several trips in Virginia (mostly towards the beach) as well as OBX.

Marshall,

Can you provide more detailed directions to the North American MOC/Virginia Region Rally forum? I cound not find it on the MOC site and would be interested in attending in the spring. Have you camped at Bethpage? We have camped there a couple of times due to the proximity to Richmond and have seen severl Monties there each time.
Theadamsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote