Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2004, 01:49 AM   #1
Montana_685
Established Member

M.O.C. #685
Padre Island, Tx. Campgrounds

Has anyone out there been to the Padre Islands? I would like to know if its worth while visiting there next winter. I have seen a few campgrounds on the internet listed, but would like to know about the humidity and bug problems down there, please email me with your info and or experiences. Thanks

Montana_685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
WundrWmn
We visited there last winter. Drove over for the day from Mission Tx. Not sure the date but it was in Jan. It was nice to visit, We are not in the beach scene. Not knocking it. Just not us. They have some lovely shops,& etc. Like I said we enjoyed it but for a one day thing.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:41 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
It is a pretty place, interesting campgrounds, etc. Just remember, you will have salt water to contend with, and what ever problems that might bring.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:04 AM   #4
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
We were near South Padre Island for about 6 weeks last winter, stayed on the other side of the bridge at Port Isabel, TX. Went to the Island often and enjoyed the beach, I'm not interested in the various shops, but others liked them. No bugs, but windy most of the time, humidity (Feb-earlyMar)was not bad, only had the AC on once, then we went North. I plan to return to TX for a few weeks this winter, one trip to the Island will be enough for us and I guess I would recommed that every one check it out, if nothing else just to say I've been their.
Ron
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:33 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
South Padre Island and a wonderful place to see. Lots of fresh sea salt air. You will enjoy a visit there. I used to live in the valley when I was a teenager. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote