Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Hello from GregN Update

To those at Lake Sskiyou rally knowing of my no start truck after having it towed to Frd dealer in Yerka i am enjoying the evening in the parking lot behind the dealer i have elec 50 amp and water my big heart felt thanks to all of those at the campground who tried to get me on the road big thanks to jackflash for hauling my trailer to the ford dealer i had a great time at my first moc rally you are all a great bunch of people the year it will take until the next siskiyou rally is already to far away i had a great time wish i could have traveled on to 7 feathers again you are all wonderful and thank you for all your help sorry this looks so werid writing this on my cell phone will update you on my out come at my next stop will have internet everyone have a safe journey to your next destination

Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
We hope the dealer finds a quick solution to a hopefully simple problem and you are on your way again early tomorrow. It was great meeting you and everyone is pleased to hear you had a good time!

Now if you just retired, you could be on your way north rather than south.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Glad you are on the road to restoring your wheels.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Greg,
I heard that they had the truck running but still not back in your hands. Please let us know that the problem is/was. Us Ford folks would like to know. Next time it might be us!

I was sure hoping that changing out the CPS would have fixed the problem. But that was not to be. I kept your old one and will carry it as my spare. And will consider the swap a straight swap. At least you were then able to rule that out as the problem.

Have a safe and uneventful journey home. And we hope to see you at our next Rally.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Greg, it was good to meet you and we are happy to hear that you are getting the problem with your TV taken care of. It is great to hear the Jack was able to help you by towing your Montana to the dealer also, isn't the MOC family great? Speaking of great, I had another piece of your fudge last night and it just keeps getting better. Thanks again for bringing that along. See you next year.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #6
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Greg,

Sure enjoyed meeting you, amazing how MOC people all seem to fit together and love to help each other....guess it is that family thing.

Don't forget, Quartzsite is only 235 days, 4 hours and 12 minutes away!

Looking forward to see you again.

Robbie and Alice
Old 05-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Greg, we sure enjoyed meeting you even though we weren't there the whole time. Your fudge is spectacular, thank you again! We sure hope your truck will get fixed soon and a relatively simple problem. Michael says the next time you go truck shopping, you might want to consider looking at a Dodge!!!! LOL
Old 05-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Well I am back on the road. This morning the dealer called said it was the alternator. Had to get the part from Medford. That was at 830. At 945 got another call, my truck was ready. I was all settled in to watch a movie thinking it would be after noon before it would be ready. The staff at the dealer were very nice. Worked out great with th rv hookup to the rear of the dealer. So I am a day behind schedule. Stopped in Red Bluff, did not feel like driving al the way to Manteca. Tomorrow is another day. Again thanks to all you MOCers with all your help. What a great rving family.

Until we meet again, Greg.

I will have fudge for the next rally at Lake Siskiyou.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GregN

This morning the dealer called said it was the alternator.
Huh?? I would have thought an alternator was necessary to re-charge the battery, but the TV would run without one as long as there was still amps left in the battery. Did the dealer explain why the alternator caused the TV to *NOT* start? I am confused!

But I am glad to hear you are good to go again.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carl,
I asked my brother this same question and he said that if the system was not receiving enough power then it could not power the computer. The computer is the "brain" and if it does not power up sufficiently it cannot tell the engine to "fire" when it should. Thus the engine does not fire and start as it should.

I know I was having trouble with the door locks would not operate as they should. Turns out it simply needed new batteries! Sounds nuts to me but got two new batteries and it worked fine.

Sure glad it was relatively easily fixed.

Later,

Dennis
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
We don't have a ford, but many years ago our Chevy we owned had the alternator go out.....It was strange because the engine would start.

We drove to the home town dealership because the truck was starting up weird.....we were told that we had to pay money up front because of our warrenty coverage had been affected when 911 happened, (the company office was in the towers)

We decided to drive over to the place where we had bought the truck (about 20 miles away, coverage was accepted at the place you purchased)....

Well the truck could not make it for the drive as we began to loose power about 6 miles away....husband turned around a headed back to home town dealer.

That is when we found out the alternator was out.

This was odd for us too as my husband could not understand how we could have power with the alternator out.

GregN- You were in the right location when your alternator went out....When Kevin and I pulled out, there were so many Mocer's around your truck,we could not see the front of your truck.

Mocer's are the best!
Denise
Closed Thread