Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Direct TV

We are considering getting DirecTV. They provide the dish, tripod, and HD DVR receiver. The price is great and can be suspended for 6 months when we return to the stick house. I want to know if the equipment they provide will give us good quality reception, etc. Thanks

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
We have have been full-timing for over 5 years and have Direct TV.
We have been very happy with the service.
Were we are full timing we were able to get the major channel in a east New York and west LA feeds.
When we arrive in AZ, I just call then and they move my local channels from the Boston market to the Phoenix market.
Called the other day for the move and the gal offered me a plan for the NFL and all Movie channels for 52.00, I said per month and she said no in place or what you pay now, she said that my monthly bill would go down by $6.00 and it is for 5 months, so we get to see the Patriots in AZ.
We have marked on the calender when to call and go back to our old package.
E. Sven
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
DH and I are impressed with what they have to offer. I would like to know if the equpment that they provide is as good as one that we would purchase on our own. We have looked at the Winegard and others. DH doesn't want to put it on the roof of the RV so a dish on a tripod is good for us. I just wondered if the dish they provide is a good one.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
The DirecTV stuff is good quality. We get a good picture. Rather than suspend anything we simply take our receivers with us. Bought the dish at a RS store. Everything works great.
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We do what Hamrad does. We have Directv at the stick house, and anytime we are travelling we just grab the receivers out of the house. We now have the Winegard Travler on the roof but we also carry a tripod mounted dish just in case. I will admit that in the one time that I got to use the roof-top satellite system, that it already spoiled me!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Nothing wrong with DirecTV equipment. As with anything, quality is just as good as the weakest link. In other words don't skimp on the TV. Buy a good quality HDTV (LED OR LCD) and you will be perfectly happy. Caution: Watching HDTV all the time will definitely spoil you when you see regular TV.........
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Caution: Watching HDTV all the time will definitely spoil you when you see regular TV.........
Ain't that the truth, especially with sports!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #8
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
I like the idea that the equipment is free!! We are already spoiled...at the stick house we have a 46 inch HDTV with DVR. Basic cable is included in our condo fee, but we suspend everything else when we travel. We will do the same with the DireTV when we return to the stick house. Thanks for the recommendation.