Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Storm Doors

In cooler weather I would love to be able to keep the door open to the outside for more light and just to be able to see out.

Are there glass or plexiglass doors made for this function and if so, would they fit in the frame outside the screens?

Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Several of us have done that, but, we make our own, purchase at home improvement store the thin-est plexi you can get, THIN THIN THIN.

Make a pattern, cut out a piece for the top of the door, bottom of door and a small one for that area beside the slider.

Install with little screws made for storm doors, someone had a photo, or web page on those, I don't remember where it was.

OntMont may be able to assist with better instructions. We basically copied his.

We put our plexi parts on the inside of the screen door, others have put on the outside.

We also replaced the white slider with a clear one you can get at CW and other RV parts stores.

We leave our main door open during the summer too, with air conditioner running, and it is fine till you get up past 90 or so, then ya gotta shut the door.

One of my most favorite improvements we made to our Tana.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I've done what Carol said on both our last two Montanas and will do the same on our new 3455 we should be getting early next week.
I cut the plexiglass to size using a sabre saw, but do not remove the paper cover before you cut it. The plexiglass will scratch pretty easy where the saw slides if the paper cover is gone. And you can draw the outline on the paper. Use a fine blade to cut with.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I went to a local car glass co and they ordered me a sheet of dark bronze. I cut it to fit the hold door one pc. It looks great and you can see out but it is hard to see in. I just cut out for the slide door. cost was about 100$ well worth it. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Thank you all so much. I will get after Hubby ASAP to do this.

Steve and Patti - you will love the 3455. We sure do.
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote