Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Gates vs GM

I recieved it in an e-mail today and just loved it. Hope you all enjoy!

Gates vs. GM

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

"If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........
Twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

I love the next one!!!

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the " Start" button to turn the engine off.

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
That's good! I will have to forward this one on to a few tech friends. They will get a laugh out of it. Thanks for sharing
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Very good and how true. Going to forward also to a few computer geeks. Got to love them computers.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Well I'm not too happy with mine right now. I spilled a glass of water and the whole thing just died. Not happy but I weht to my favorite Best Buy and low and behold they had just come out with the new Windows Vista. Now I can't reinstall my software because it is for XP. I'm sure the auto industry would be able to find something funny to say about this but it will take me a few days before I can start laughing.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Patty,
I love it!

Helen,
Sorry to hear about your computer, but just look at the bright side... Now you have a new one! =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Patty, that is soooo funny. Thanks for the good laugh!

Helen, what a horror story. But just think, you'll be the first on the block with the new technology! I hate to think of how long it would take for me to learn all that new stuff.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Helen, I ran a compatability test on my computer (Win XP) with Vista and it said I would have to give up my printer/fax/scanner/copier, my Norton AV and get a new video card. No wonder this guy Gates is a billionaire. Talk about a major upgrade!!!!!

I think I will keep my XP for a few more years.....

I'm sorry anyone has to go thru this, especially another MOCer.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I finally got Norton on mine. I had to download a trial version and them put in all the numbers from my disc and they did an upgrade to Vista. My printer reloaded just fine. I am having trouble with my photos, my e-mail and Office. I'll get it though. Just have to be patient and not get too frustrated.

I must admit that I had a good laugh on this post though. Thanks Patti. I needed that.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
That post was a hoot. Jo and I were both laughing out loud.

As for the problems that we'll have upgrading to Vista, how about we upgrade Gates!!!! LOL!!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As a retired computer Geek..I love it....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote