Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2005, 04:25 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Relaxed

With all the postings of water tanks falling, tires blowing, brake controllers failing, refers not cooling, and all other problems we took a chance and left the driveway. Spent the last week in NW Wa on the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Temps in the low 70 a gentle breeze and great views. I'll be darn we made it home without any of that bad stuff. It was what a Montana is for.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:51 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm glad to see a positive post, Dick and Toni! These forums are terrific for learning things but 99% of the time the reason we post is because of a problem. We rarely post when all goes well. That sure can lead a new person to the wrong conclusion. Just the nature of the beast, I guess. Glad to hear you had a good trip.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Dick,
Good to hear from you. Sure wish we were up that way for some of the cooler weather. Good to hear you made a trip and had NO Montana problems! Imagine that! Like Steve said.... nice to hear about the "good" trips as well as the problem trips.

Since we were at the Shasta Rally we've had some problems. The dreaded overhang/frame separation hit us. When we got home we took it in and they got that fixed right away. We have a couple of other issues that they are working on now. Just took the rig in today as a matter of fact. Should be ready in a couple of weeks.

We did manage to get over to the coast near Ventura... boy was it nice over there. Visited our daughter and family for about a week and cooled off. Unfortunately it is still running very hot down here. As I post this it is 104 degrees. We've had about 2+ weeks of triple digit temps.

Enjoy your nice cool weather and we'll see you folks later....... I'll bet you're busy cutting your lawn!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We camped in our Montana for over a year without a single problem. Now our water tank fell out, which is something most owners will never experience, thank goodness. But if we had known that we were going to have a major problem on this trip, we still wouldn't have wanted to stay at home. We just have to roll with the punches, no matter how big or small. We would have missed so very much. Our Montana has performed well and towed beautifully in rather nasty conditions. Sure glad that your trip went well, Dick and Toni
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dick and Toni glad to hear you had a great, cool trip. I envy you. Hemet has also had a heat wave like Dennis said plus we had a strange summer storm here last weekend and had a tornado. Only lost a couple of branches but our daughter lost one of their outside sheds.
Judy I agree with you. If you stay home you might have problems also. You have to take a few risks in life. Your trip sounds so great - I can't wait.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
And I can't wait for everyone to travel to Alaska and experience the beauties of this state. And getting here is a beautiful experience, too, because Canada has so much to offer. I understand so much better why people are so excited about coming here to Alaska. And some return every other year or so. Each day is a new adventure. By the way, we've posted new pictures.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:34 AM   #7
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Unfortunately, life isn't perfect and stuff happens. After our tire incident in Nevada earlier this year, I was paranoid about every road noise, change in engine sound, etc. Haven't had a major problem since, but every time we leave the yard it takes me a few miles to settle in and relax. Just completed that long trip to Utah without road problems and leave Sunday for Indiana and hoping that trip goes as well. I think some apprehension is normal, especially after a bad experience.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote