Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Advice on Fall Colors in NH -VT

Planning on checking out the fall colors in NH and VT around the end of Sept /first of Oct. Any recommended areas? Campgrounds? Any routes to avoid due to low underpasses or other impediments?

Thanks,

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I am SOOO jealous! I grew up in New England and have not returned at that time of year in many years. That will be one of our first trips when we finally retire. There are many beautiful back roads in New England.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We're hoping to do that in 2006. Is the end of Sep / early Oct the best time for color in that part of the country?

PJ, I'll follow this thread and save the replies you get. Also, please let us know good and bad places as you find them since you'll be there a year ahead of us.

Heard the shuttle was delayed again, to Tuesday. Sure hope you get to see the liftoff before you head north.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:58 AM   #4
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
There are lots of great places to visit in VT and NH. I spent the last 4 months of 2003 in NH. Be sure to get out before the nor'easters hit or you'll be snowed in! I recommend you visit Lake Winnipesaukee. Wolfeboro is a wonderful little town right on the lake, and you can ride the ferry (Mt. Washington Cruise Ship) to tour other parts of the lake. I stayed in the Epsom Valley Campground - nice people, great shade so it's cool, but hard to get satellite tuned, and watch out for the pitch from the pine trees - hard to clean off roof, awnings, truck, etc. I also stayed in Circle 9 Ranch Campground, where there's a choice of open area for good satellite reception, or trees for shade. They have live western bands on weekends if you like to dance western. Meredith is another great place to visit, on the other side of the lake from Wolfeboro, and there are several campgrounds in that area. And don't miss the White Mountains for great color in the woods. I could go on and on...
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:27 AM   #5
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we spent a week at Smugglers's notch, VT last fall--Sept 25-Oct 3. the leaves were just getting to peak there when we left--were at peak on canada border and hadn't really started changeing in the south. we were not camping but did see some nice campgrounds. Our friends that have a place on Lake Champlain tell us the first 2 weeks of October are the best for "Leaf Peeping" we had never been ot VT but will definately go back--real pretty and "rural". Oh forgot to say you CANNOT take a rig through Smuggler's notch-about a 60 degree turn at the notch. there was a state park campground on the south side of the notch, not far from Stowe.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote