Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
From Keystone-Diagram for connecting sat/cable

Many thanks to Coleman Davis, Keystone, for this diagram for connecting satellite and cable. This is for those models with the loop connecting two fittings.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/1.../111212066.jpg

When viewing the picture you can rightclick/save picture as to save this on your system. Or rightclick on the link above and choose Save Target As. Or email me (click the envelope icon above) your email address and I'll send you the pdf file with the diagram. It's just the diagram, but larger and more readable.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:15 AM   #2
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Thanks for this post Steve.

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Thanks Steve. Does Keystone have the diagram for the earlier models also? For instance the 2001 3280RL?
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
This is great for those needing to know about the wiring for the Satellite/Cable hookup. The diagram gives the indication that the connection from the outside of the trailer goes to the upper connector inside the trailer and this is the way mine is marked from the factory and I assumed it as such. However, inside the wall the wires were reversed on mine and the bottom connector actually comes from the outside.

I saved the link to pass on to others when the question is asked again.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
Roman4
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3018
Steve:
Thanks for acquiring and disseminating this diagram. I appreciate knowing someone who knows how to get things done.
Harmon
Roman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by drhowell

Thanks Steve. Does Keystone have the diagram for the earlier models also? For instance the 2001 3280RL?
Good question, Don. I'll email and ask.

Ours is like yours probably is... separate outside connector for satellite and cable but I don't know how the inside wiring should be. We don't have the satellite, just the prep.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #7
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Steve, I think we are similar also. I have the park cable conn at the left side rear and the Sat prep above the outside shower through the wall into the tv cabinet. There is a wall plate with the ant connection and booster switch & light in the tv cabinet also. The park cable conn seems to come into that wall plate and both TV's get ant and or park cable from that depending if the booster is on or off. Booster on the ant is hooked up. Booster off the park cable is hooked up. If I want to send a signal from the Living room TV cabinet to the bedroom tv I use this connection with the booster off and nothing hooked to the ouside park cable connection. A little tricky but it works. The sat prep just comes straight through the wall with a connector in the tv cabinet. I have two extra (added later) outside cable connections next to the sat prep that enter through the wall into the tv cabinet also so I can hook my park cable to one of them.

The schematic of the factory wired system for the 2001 would be helpful if your contact can supply one. I have been looking at the video distribution switches to control the TV input signals and will probably add one later this year.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:01 PM   #8
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks, Steve. This just got bookmarked!
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote