Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #21
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Carlson - we did exactly as you stated. We put in rubber couplings for the vent line to the roof and the feed line from the toilet. The installer and I agreed this was the best way to allow for flexibility. I will do the same for the gray if and when the time comes. Good luck and keep us posted.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #22
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
How many years pass before you have to think about replacing a tank? This was one thing I never considered whe npurchasing my unit. I have the purchased warranty so I am covered but just curious.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #23
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Okie Guy

How many years pass before you have to think about replacing a tank? This was one thing I never considered whe npurchasing my unit. I have the purchased warranty so I am covered but just curious.
I don't think it's something that you need to be concerned about. With us, it was just something that happened after over 6 years of fulltiming. We know some people who have lived full time in their rig for 10 years and have never had the problem we did. It was probably a faulty black tank that we had -- no fault of Keystone.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #24
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
BLACK TANK SAGA CON'T.
Got a call this morning and they said my tank was at the dealer in Yuma.
Went to pick it up and guess what??
The outlet is on the wrong side.
They called and asked about the outlet side.
I said that the black tank outlet, looking from the bottom at the thick end it is on the right, it connect to the gray tank.
I get the tank and is on the left.
I local dealers is upset, "I'm not making any money on this" he says and I said I am sorry but I am in a SH____y situation.
Will check tommrrow to see if it is re-ordered.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #25
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by carlson

BLACK TANK SAGA CON'T.
Got a call this morning and they said my tank was at the dealer in Yuma.
Went to pick it up and guess what??
The outlet is on the wrong side.
They called and asked about the outlet side.
I said that the black tank outlet, looking from the bottom at the thick end it is on the right, it connect to the gray tank.
I get the tank and is on the left.
I local dealers is upset, "I'm not making any money on this" he says and I said I am sorry but I am in a SH____y situation.
Will check tommrrow to see if it is re-ordered.
I wonder if this same wrong tank gets shipped to everyone. We got it. Had provided the serial numbers and correct outlet side to Keystone and received the wrong tank anyway. I took a month for us to get the correct tank and have it installed. Hope it works out better for you.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote