Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2007, 06:35 PM   #21
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quotels1932 Posted - Jan 31 2007 : 11:12:52 PM
pparamore, I use the double filter just like Glenn. The front canister (the one closest to the water source) is a cheaper filter because it is used to remove dirt and debris from the water before it enters the good filter, the one that removes the impurities. Orv
Orv, how does that work? Do you replace one filter each time, that is replace the first filter(closest to water source)with the second filter and then replace the second filter with a new filter OR are the two filters made of different material and you change both at the same time?

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #22
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Glenn,
Where did you get those plastic containers that hold the filters in an upright position. I like your idea.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:06 AM   #23
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Virgil,
I went to Home Depot and purchase two of those PVC sewer inserts that go in the basement of a home. The inside of them is just exactly the size of the bottom of the filter canisters. I trimmed the inside edge of the flange on each one between the canisters so they fit together. Canisters have never tipped over and the "home-made" holders remain on the canisters when I unhook from the water and stow the canisters in the basement before moving.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #24
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DONnANNIE

Quote:
quotels1932 Posted - Jan 31 2007 : 11:12:52 PM
pparamore, I use the double filter just like Glenn. The front canister (the one closest to the water source) is a cheaper filter because it is used to remove dirt and debris from the water before it enters the good filter, the one that removes the impurities. Orv
Orv, how does that work? Do you replace one filter each time, that is replace the first filter(closest to water source)with the second filter and then replace the second filter with a new filter OR are the two filters made of different material and you change both at the same time?
The first filter is a cheapie and is ONLY used to remove sediment and debris that is coming from the water source. There is not a water source that doesn't have some trash in it. For the past six plus years, I've only changed filters once/year and that is only because I want to. The second filter is a good one. It removes almost all of the impurities that may affect your health. I use a filter in this canister with the lowest number filter available, 5 or less. The lower the number, the better the filter. And, of course, the more expensive.

I haven't had a problem with changing my filters once/year. When we first started fulltiming back in 2000, I was changing them every three months, based on what EVERYONE was telling me. But I found out that's really not necessary.

But again, you'll find pros and cons in all things. Don't take my word entirely for it. I just do what works for us.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #25
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
We use the Taste Pure Cx90. It fits inside the docking station using a 90 degree elbow and quick disconnects I got at Home Depot. We can close and lock the doors with it in use. I has a flow rate of 3 gpm and the cartridge is replaceable. I got it at Wally World but Camping World has them price is about 40-50 dollars, replacement cartridges about 25-30. Biggest hint do not overtighten when replacing cartridge or you will break the ceramic outer filter.
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote