Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
Outside LCD

Well I am really roughing it now. I installed a 20" LCD in the basement of my Monty. Now I can watch the Cup races while I grill or just sit back and drink ice tea. Mounted on an pivoting arm and when I travel the screen folds up against the top of the basement, out of the way. If I knew how to post the pictures I would share.

gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sounds like a great upgrade that many of us would sure enjoy. If you cant get your pics online, send a message to Glenn, he will get you all hooked up. The guy is a computer wiz!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I'd love to see some pictures of that too! The time I was at Best Buy and saw one in a refrigerator I thought that was as good as it gets. But the bathroom, hmmmmm..........

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:47 AM   #4
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
We saw someone up in PA on our vacation that had a big TV in their "basement". They were sitting outside under the awning in their big comfy chairs watching it, having their drinks and we were all watching them thinking once again, "this is not camping!" LOL
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 AM   #5
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
That sounds like a great idea. I would love to see a pic too.
I want to put a thin flat screen in my living room some day and I am trying to think of a way to use that extra storage space that the tube TV is taking up right now.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:05 AM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I don't remember who it was (and I can't find it in the rally book) but someone at the Lake Siskiyou Spring Rally had also installed a television in their basement. It looked like one of those kitchen "under-the-cabinet" type televisions with am/fm radio. It was pretty cool. They had the basement door open and were outside relaxing and watching television.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Sounds like a great addition to your rig. D&M - we remember seeing that rig at the rally also. Looked like a great idea.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
As soon as I get my Monty back home I will take pics and try to post them. I am having the house reroofed and had to move it my job site. Another improvement coming. I have the replacement 12V Travel'R awning arms from Carefree Colorado to replace my A&E arms. Then all I wil have to do is push a button and awning out and awning in.
GET R DONE!!!!!!!!!
gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote