Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Staples On Ceilings

On the ceiling towards the back of the monty, I see staples( I am guessing)that they must of spot painted. Only they must of not of used a very good match of paint. Does anyone else have this problem in their Monty? I always notice more when I clean...maybe I shouldnt clean

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Yes I have discolored spots all over my ceiling caused by cooking and burning candles. I use one of those swiffer thingys and put a old wash rag on it and spray with orange cleaner that way I don't have to climb a ladder to clean it. I have also tried useing a bleach wash.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I think that stuff is wood putty, whitish colored. So far ours are ok, note, the disclaimer, SO FAR!!! Not sure what would be the best cleaner or fix. Might say on the container for the wood putty???
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Yes, we had several fastners showing on the ceiling. Just outside of the trim strip. The dealer just put putty on them. Not too happy with the result.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Campbud,

I had a couple of staples that were showing on mine and I used white bathroom silicone to cover it. I filled the area and wiped away the excess with a wet paper towel. It blends very well with the textured ceiling.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:03 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I can see staples in the trim strips from this chair. They don't do a very good job of camouflaging that. I'm afraid after all this time in the rig I tend to tune it out and don't notice them.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In my ongoing saga of our afternoon at our Montana dealer. We did look for the staples in the ceiling but we had to "look" for them.Would not have noticed them if we had not been looking for them .This was on a 3400 that had come in from the factory a few days ago, We also looked for rips , tears, nicks, scratches, checked under the slides for the "black stuff" problem, Checked for loose plumbing, wireing, etc.Even went up on the roof to check for Bubbles, Rats..none there.This is way out of character for me but we could find NOTHING wrong..I am shocked...just shocked...Also there was a 2955 being preped in the service bay.Had a nice chat with the service manager , showed him my 31 item hit list and he was familiar with all the issues listed and said they do from time to time see all of them, but not very often. Asked him what they found wrong with the 2955 they were preping.He showed me the check list that was about 3/4 completed... no troubles found... They had just filled all the tanks and found NO leaks..what is going on here. This dealer also handles a couple of other name , in the same class brands..It is unfair to put them next to the Montana., makes them look really bad. I can not stand a entire afternoon of looking for problems and NOT finding any..I need a drinkee.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You can cover some of these staples and other marks with "White Out". I did it in our previous unit. The brush is very small in a "White Out" bottle and you can just paint the staple. If anyone is not familiar with "White Out", go to an office supply store and ask for it.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Thanks everyone for the ideas.
Rich and Helen, I am happy to hear niether Montana had any problems...That is really good news!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote