Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2016, 06:32 AM   #21
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Welcome to the MOC Forum from a fellow Central Plains Region MOC member! We live in Omaha, NE and have been members of MOC for nearly 9 years now. We have learned more from this forum concerning our Montana's we've had over the years and from the members themselves than we could even express. Think about joining us at the National Fall Rally to be held in Goshen, IN(where your Monte was made)in late September also. It will give you a chance to meet a lot of the MOC members that are here on the Forum and learn a lot about your new Montana also. You'll even go through the plant where the Montana's are coming off the line and see from when the frame is brought into the plant to the end of the line where they roll out. If you would like to go to the Fall Rally section here on the Forum and see how to sign up. It's a great learning experience. You just missed our MOC Central Plains Regional Rally(CPRR) which was held in Nebraska City, NE last month at Victorian Acres Campground. Maybe you can make it next year to meet more of the MOC members too. Take care and be sure to take a copy of the PDI(Pre Delivery Inspection) sheets that can be printed off from here on the Forum so you don't miss things that are important to check during your PDI on your new unit! IF you have any questions on any of the Rallies or your unit feel free to email me or PM me. Be happy to help in anyway possible!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #22
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
Welcome, from central Arkansas.
onekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #23
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
Great choice on hitch. You will love it.
You are doing great on your home work and choices.
Safe travels.

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:56 AM   #24
Mark Stueck
Established Member

M.O.C. #18844
Send a message via AIM to Mark Stueck
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Welcome to the MOC Forum from a fellow Central Plains Region MOC member! We live in Omaha, NE and have been members of MOC for nearly 9 years now. We have learned more from this forum concerning our Montana's we've had over the years and from the members themselves than we could even express. Think about joining us at the National Fall Rally to be held in Goshen, IN(where your Monte was made)in late September also. It will give you a chance to meet a lot of the MOC members that are here on the Forum and learn a lot about your new Montana also. You'll even go through the plant where the Montana's are coming off the line and see from when the frame is brought into the plant to the end of the line where they roll out. If you would like to go to the Fall Rally section here on the Forum and see how to sign up. It's a great learning experience. You just missed our MOC Central Plains Regional Rally(CPRR) which was held in Nebraska City, NE last month at Victorian Acres Campground. Maybe you can make it next year to meet more of the MOC members too. Take care and be sure to take a copy of the PDI(Pre Delivery Inspection) sheets that can be printed off from here on the Forum so you don't miss things that are important to check during your PDI on your new unit! IF you have any questions on any of the Rallies or your unit feel free to email me or PM me. Be happy to help in anyway possible!

We've already learned so much from all of you here on MOC. I'm thoroughly enjoying the many topics this forum shares. We ordered our hitch ( BD3 ), its en route to Missouri for installation. Once that's done we are heading up to Michigan to pick up our wonderful 3610 RL and first ever 5th wheel. Heeding all the wonderful advice, we upgraded tires, printed a PDI checklist to take and plan to stay at the nearest campground the 1st night or two. So disappointed we haven't been able to find a bed saver for our hitch yet. Anyone know where we could find this gem. ??Hearing all those horror stories of " dropping the trailer " OMG that would ruin our fun for sure. many many thanks again. Chris and Mark
Mark Stueck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:27 AM   #25
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Mark I just looked on Amazon and found 3. You may have to have one altered to fit you hitch but they can be had. I droped my 2010 Mountineer into the BlueOx and no damage. Some people will recommend Butches but it is not pasave. So you have to remember to engage it when you hook up. Kinds of defeats the reason you wanted it in the first place..
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:16 AM   #26
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Welcome from another Mark & Chris Good idea on the local camping stop before you get too far from your dealer. The PDI and walkthrough are key as well as the dealers prep before you get there. Our dealer was talking about how thorough their prep was and we got into a little joking bet on if I could find an issue. They did their job well but I still found an item. On the walkthrough as this is your first 5th wheel, take lots of notes. Make sure you understand everything and know where all the switches, controls, valves, etc are. Also check to see if they have sanitized the tank or if you need to do that. Main item is to have fun and enjoy both new rigs

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:21 AM   #27
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Duh my dealer left me with all tanks full except of course propane. The first 75 miles where like pulling an airliner "Heavy". Check out the AC to see if it drops temperature and holds 72 degrees. If your dealer is like mine drive it off the lot and you have it.....
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #28
Mark Stueck
Established Member

M.O.C. #18844
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mjammersc

Welcome from another Mark & Chris Good idea on the local camping stop before you get too far from your dealer. The PDI and walkthrough are key as well as the dealers prep before you get there. Our dealer was talking about how thorough their prep was and we got into a little joking bet on if I could find an issue. They did their job well but I still found an item. On the walkthrough as this is your first 5th wheel, take lots of notes. Make sure you understand everything and know where all the switches, controls, valves, etc are. Also check to see if they have sanitized the tank or if you need to do that. Main item is to have fun and enjoy both new rigs
More wonderful advise. Will Do. !!!!
We've never filled or used our clean water tank as reserve. Always hooked up to shore lines and disconnected after flushing and emptying gray and black tanks. didn't know they are supposed to sanitize the fresh water tank. We are so lucky we found this forum and you all. Looking forward to attending Rallies once we get going on the road.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #29
Mark Stueck
Established Member

M.O.C. #18844
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by waynemoore

Mark I just looked on Amazon and found 3. You may have to have one altered to fit you hitch but they can be had. I droped my 2010 Mountineer into the BlueOx and no damage. Some people will recommend Butches but it is not pasave. So you have to remember to engage it when you hook up. Kinds of defeats the reason you wanted it in the first place..
We see a bunch on Amazon too. The problem is no one has that BXR 5001 model built specifically for that new hitch we just bought ( Hensley BD3).
Oh well. Guess we'll have to do without and just be vigilant about the process. Using all the advise from keeping jacks down and just barely off the ground, using the " tug test " and applying trailer brakes we've got some great safety checks. All this thanks to the wonderful folks here on the forum.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:45 PM   #30
ronenz
Established Member

M.O.C. #18831
Hi, Grace and I have been members since July. During that time I have asked questions and received responses from the membership that have helped greatly when deciding what steps we need to take on this great adventure. Hope to run into you at some point. Enjoy!

Ron
Old 08-29-2016, 03:26 AM   #31
Mark Stueck
Established Member

M.O.C. #18844
Took delivery of our new 3610RL one week ago from Kitsmiller RV in Mason Mi. Decided to record the PDI so we could replay what we didn't understand. Too much new technology at one time. 10 years RVing but 1st 5th wheel for us.
1st night camped just 8 miles away from dealer. Another tip from MOC.
Good thing we did:
Found a bad seal on the commode flush which was the least of our problems.
Major issue with the main slide. It would not open correctly. Don't want to think about how this would have played out if we'd been hundreds of miles away with a broken slide.
Good news the dealer sent out a technician, he ordered a part from Lippert that he called the " lippert fix " and 3 days later we were back in business. Since pulling our Monty with a slide partially out was not an option, having the dealer fix it on the spot was such a relief. We need to address another issue of the slide gouging the flooring under the refrigerator. After the fix and on our next stop we put the slide out only to find the floor being scratched in the same place. Love to hear from you all with suggestions/advise.
Now were back at our seasonal site in northern Missouri. We do love our Montana and just want to get these issues fixed so we can relax and enjoy. Thanks
Old 08-29-2016, 02:48 PM   #32
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Congratulations from sunny Colorado. It sounds as if your dealer is pretty responsive. Welcome to the forum and hope you have many trouble free miles.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:28 AM   #33
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Regarding toilet, just replace it with dometic 310 or 320 and you will be happier by far. Assume dealer showed you that you have two grey tanks to empty? Enjoy. John
Old 08-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #34
snowbirds R us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13088
Welcome from another Missourian to this great forum and enjoy your stay. It’s a group of social and knowledgeable folks to help with any problems you may have with your Montana.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:05 AM   #35
Mark Stueck
Established Member

M.O.C. #18844
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

Regarding toilet, just replace it with dometic 310 or 320 and you will be happier by far. Assume dealer showed you that you have two grey tanks to empty? Enjoy. John
Thanks. We do love our Montana. I'll give the dealer a call today and see how to proceed now that were back in Missouri. Another Monty owner at our seasonal location offered the same info to just replace the commode.
Chris