Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
One more day of prep ahead

Temperatures are forecasted to be around 60 tomorrow, so off to the mini-storage I go to get the rest of the honey-do duties done before next weekends maiden trip. Received the Stone Gray Radius Step Rugs via UPS today to go along with the Stone Gray Presto-fit rug so the step rugs will be put on the rig tomorrow. Still waiting for a couple of packages of cabinet door struts, but do have one that I can install on the kitchen vertical opening cabinet door. Just returned from Tractor Supply with a replacement deep cycle battery to replace the one that I managed to destroy with the OOPS moment last weekend, so I will CAREFULLY complete the re-installation of the second battery and the isolator battery switch. I will also put something on the back of the fender screws to make sure no others become loose or disappear. I lost one on the trip home so I will add some type of clasp on the back to make sure they cannot back out. Camping World is mailing some extras just in case. Also looking at constructing a wooden shelf for the basement to raise the portable fridge enough so I can install our Autoformer beneath it in the basement, since it is immediately adjacent to the Automatic Transfer switch and the EMS system. This shelf will also allow us some needed storage on the street side of the basement. It will be installed only on the shore power leg since it is not needed for the generator leg of the supply power. All tires and air bags will be checked for the proper pressure, Tire pressure monitors will be supplied with fresh batteries, and who knows what else I will dream up to add to the list tonight! Looking forward to a holiday in the new rig and hopefully some restful pain-free sleep on the Sleep Number bed.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Come on Bingo... you don't want to take ALL the fun out it!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I hope you find time to have some fun!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K0LCB

I suspect for Bingo, this IS fun.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sambam

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K0LCB

I suspect for Bingo, this IS fun.
Ahhhhhhhh, a secret passion revealed. I did have to add more to the list. I assembled a Rubbermaid Homefree Series Double Drawer Chest last night that will supplement the same series shoe rack that we use in our closet. Even with nine drawers beneath the closet, we have problems with clothes storage due to the fact that there are three women-folk tagging along on most trips. Being the ever-providing father type, I figured three drawers each for the women was off-limits to me, and in the previous model with basically the same layout, I was relegated to the use of the over bed cabinets. I now will be able to get to my clothes without climbing over the bed!

Here is the shoe rack that we have in the closet:

Shoe Rack

and the new addition, the matching double drawer chest:

Two Drawer Chest

We do not have the wall mounts, we just set them both in the closet.

First task today is helping DW get everything out for her Christmas Village set-up (takes up the entire sun room), then I am off to the rig for FUN!!

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
You are indeed a very creative person. I look forward to meeting you in person some day. Keep on keepin on!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote