Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
EXTENDED WARRANTY

Has anyone used Wholesale Warranties in San Diego Ca. for a extended warranty carrier.
I received a 48 month quote that was at least 60 per cent less then what I was quoted from Camping World for the same coverage. This amounts to over $3000.00 difference so makes one wonder if they are good carrier and settle their claims when submitted to them.

Any feed back about them or possibly other carriers would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Kountry Taveler

kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
If your unit is new ... you have a 1 year warranty on it already. Don't be pressured into an extended warranty at time of purchase. You'll find just as good a deal when your one year factory warranty nears its end no matter what the "stealer's finance officer" says.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I paid 2400.00 for a 6 year warranty through my dealer with a $50.oo deductable for my last 2 Monty's ....money well spent from Cornerstone United AND backed by a major Insurance carrier in case they go belly Up
Old 09-10-2014, 03:25 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wholesale Warranties in San Diego Ca. for a extended warranty carrier..... Wholesale warranties is not a Insurance carrier they are insurance brokers just like your local insurance agent. They sell insurance from many different companies. We used them to purchase RV shield Insurance on our 06 3400 and used the warranty many times without a problem.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:46 AM   #5
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
An update on the unit I am getting quotes on is a "2010 3400RL". It has everything I would want except the level up system. It has a in house vacuum system that has never been used. The wand and hose were still sealed in the original packaging. Also has a 18 gal. thedford tote that was unused,sitting in the front basement.

Richfaa you are correct and I should have stated that they are insurance brokers.

My main concern is the holding tanks,4 dr. refrigerator,2 ac's, microwave & frame which are all covered.
Appreciate both of your inputs and Rich I know that you have had your share of bad luck with the holding tanks.

Thanks,
kountry traveler
kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
For your information. On the 06 3400 we had five holding tanks replaced over the 7 years we had the unit. Two black, two gray and one galley. The fridge failed in the 6th year . We had no other appliance failures. We did have frame issues that were corrected by Keystone both in and out of warranty.

We did have the Rv shield extended warranty (service contract) for six of the 7 years. Our total out of pocket expenses for the repairs was 300.00 which was 50.00 deductible each for the replacements. When replacing two tanks at the same time there was only one deductible. The actual cost of the warranty repairs was several thousand dollars.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote