Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
Chaseurs
Established Member

M.O.C. #21204
Unhappy Front grey water tank dump problem

We were getting ready for our inaugural trip in our 3000RK that has the black water tank and one of two grey water tanks located directly below the bathroom area. I attempted to use the T handle to dump the grey water tank. It won't budge. Of course the cable that leads from the T handle (located in the convenience center) to the valve snakes off into the dark under the coach, and over to the tank.
Anyone have any advice short of removing the cover that protects the bottom of the black and grey water tanks? I'm thinking the convenience center may not be so convenient after all.
Thanks for your help.
Doug

Chaseurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
fre1fred2
Established Member

M.O.C. #20124
Apply lubricant at base of handle and see if that frees it up. It did on mine.
fre1fred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:22 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Hopefully applying some lubricant will do. Did not work for us. You didn't specify your unit, but at least thru 2015 with mine, belly is two piece, and removable by unbolting crossover supports, and then unbolting the belly itself. Pretty easy. On newer units, a nail gun was used to secure the belly and a major pain to remove those nails and then reinstall. What I have done on ours after I removed the belly once for access to the tanks, was to mark and cut flaps that I can easily open and then seal with Gorilla taped when done. If you have to remove the belly keep your fingers crossed yours is bolted, not nailed.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
On my 2015 3100rl you can see the valves by removing the plastic panel by the convinince center in the basement. You might be able to manipulate the valve with a broomstick or something. There is a lot going on under there so you may not be able to make it work, but easy to remove panel and look. If the valve or cable needs to be replaced than your going to need to drop (or cut) the bottom anyway. By the way the grey tank will most likely be on the drivers side and the valve will pull towards the passenger side. There are severel threads on replacing the valves in the recent past.
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
[QUOTE=1retired06;1096592]Hopefully applying some lubricant will do. Did not work for us. You didn't specify your unit, but at least thru 2015 with mine, belly is two piece, and removable by unbolting crossover supports, and then unbolting the belly itself. Pretty easy. On newer units, a nail gun was used to secure the belly and a major pain to remove those nails and then reinstall. What I have done on ours after I removed the belly once for access to the tanks, was to mark and cut flaps that I can easily open and then seal with Gorilla taped when done. If you have to remove the belly keep your fingers crossed yours is bolted, not nailed.[/QUOTE

To clarify I should have said self tapping nuts, vice bolts.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Sounds like the bolts that hold the valve together may be to tight or there may be a kink in the cable if were me I would pull down the coreplast and look at the valve before I left on a trip. It's not to bad to do!

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 HC 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW CC LB 4x4

Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote