Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Ice Maker Water Line Cutoff for 3721RL

I have a 2018 3721RL with the household frig and icemaker. I have found the flexible water line that connects to flex line right under the back corner of the slide and goes up into the slide to the frig. No where do I see a water line cut off valve nor drain as I had in past RV.

Did this unit get built with literally no ice maker line cut off or drain valve?

Thanks,

glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
ohiocamp
Established Member

M.O.C. #22373
No drain valve

I also have no water drain valve on my 2018 residential refrig under the side. I have one valve under kitchen sink to turn water off too ice maker. Their is a water connector under the frig side you can drain the water from ice maker. They need to update owners manual be cause it states there is a valve.

ohiocamp

2018 3731FL
ohiocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #3
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
On our 2018 381 there is a isolation valve on the floor next to the fridge with a plain black cover over it.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
summer home
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21038
my 2017 375FL has the valve under the sink and a valve in the dinette area, hidden behind a carpeted "box" ( that also hides a live 120volt junction box!!!)
However, there is no way I can see to completely drain the icemaker valve body on the back of the fridge....
summer home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #5
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
They impressively installed my water shut off valve for the ice maker BEHIND the fridge , that way if you get a leak you have to unbolt the fridge from the wall to shut off that water supply,lol. I know enough to shut off main water supply first, but what in the world was the factory thinking???

Our dealer is installing a 2nd shutoff between the fridge and wall that is accessible without unbolting fridge, at no charge none the less!

When I winterize ice maker ,I'm going to run the rv antifreeze thru it,as that is how it came from the factory in Feb. of this year.
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
On our 2017 3721 we have a shut off under the sink that goes to the fridge.

We also have a second water shut off found in behind the bottom drawer located to the left of the fridge. That drawer needs to be removed in order to access that shut off valve which is right at the point where the standard water line converts to the smaller water line that runs up into the icemaker.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
The Landrys
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21009
Send a message via AIM to The Landrys Send a message via MSN to The Landrys Send a message via Yahoo to The Landrys
We have a 2018 3721RL and there is a shut off valve under the kitchen sink as well as in the back of the cabinet to the right of the stove. I found a low point drain in the center of the trailer for the kitchen sink. I made sure both of the valves were open for the ice maker and drain the water from the system. I pumped in anti freeze to all faucets and left the system pressurized and turned on the ice maker. It made ice, telling me there was still water in the supply line. Left the ice maker on until antifreeze was showing in the ice tray. This is the first winter with this unit and I am willing to hear from others on this subject.....Thanks!
Old 10-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We make pink ice cubes as well. Worked well over last winter storage so we just made another batch for this year.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #9
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Cutoff Valve for Icemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Landrys View Post
We have a 2018 3721RL and there is a shut off valve under the kitchen sink as well as in the back of the cabinet to the right of the stove. I found a low point drain in the center of the trailer for the kitchen sink. I made sure both of the valves were open for the ice maker and drain the water from the system. I pumped in anti freeze to all faucets and left the system pressurized and turned on the ice maker. It made ice, telling me there was still water in the supply line. Left the ice maker on until antifreeze was showing in the ice tray. This is the first winter with this unit and I am willing to hear from others on this subject.....Thanks!
OK, found them. If you hadn't told me about the one behind the drawer by the fridge I sure wouldn't have figured that one out.

On the 3721RL I was trying to learn how to do the antifreeze. The label in the outside control center talks about placing a short hose to the antifreeze hose hub? Since there isn't a labeled "Antifreeze Hub", I suppose that is the inlet just above the city water inlet which is labeled "Freeze Guard Winterizing System"? This Montana is laid out totally different than my prior Cedar Creek RVs.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote