Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
TerryRadtke
Established Member

M.O.C. #10805
Norcold 1210 Refrig Control Module Reset

I have a 2011 Montana 3750 FL. My Norcold 1210 Refrig has just had the high temperature switch recall item added. A couple of days ago, I was running the Refrig on gas, and I screwed up and left the 4 lights on inside the 5th wheel and ran down the battery. When I realized what had happened, I plugged the AC back into the trailer to charge the battery back up again. When I was in the trailer checking everything out, I noticed that the Refrig was beeping and giving me a L1op trouble code, which is indicative of the high temperature switch activating and locking out the Refrig. This lock-out is not the recall switch that was added, but instead the original factor installed high temperature switch. I called my service guy to ask how to reset this lockout and he said to lift the positive battery terminal on the battery, let it sit for 5 minutes, then power it back up again, and it "should" reset the control module. It didn't work. Next step is to use a wire jumper to reset the module, I haven't got there yet. I was just checking to see if anyone else has run down there battery with the Refrig on gas and run into the same Refrig lock-out code, and what you had to do to reset the control module.

TerryRadtke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
I cant believe that a service guy didnt know this but on the original setup there is a reset button on the switch. I was told this was one of the reasons they replaced it. On the right side under the tin foil at the bottom of the tube is the switch. Go to Norcold web site and you can get a diagram that shows where it is and how to reset it.
I had the recall done and it has already failed, the little control box that was installed with the new switch went bad after a 12V power failure occured, I blew a fuse changing a light bulb.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote