Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Landing Gear Saga Continues

We have successfully made it to Jasper National Park and have hitched and unhitched the trailer three times. However, the clunking sound game back. I found that the shear pin on the motor side had snap and worked its way out to where it was hitting the motor at each revolution.

I don’t if the gear problem caused the shear pin to snap or if the snapped shear pin caused the gear problem. I also don’t know when the shear pin snapped as we have heard the clunk sound before but it has been inconsistent.

Orv, I have reduced the amount of air in the hitch. In rereading the instructions that came with the hitch I have had the white line too high.

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to whomever was passing out shear pins at Quartzsite back in January. I have no idea where I would go to find a replacement near Jasper Alberta.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Cool Beans!

Lets hope that replacing that pin fixes your problem and you are good to go for another 5 or 10 years!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote