Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
trlrboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7697
Awning slow to roll up

I'm sure this has been covered before but I could not find it searching around. My electric awning goes out OK but when I roll it up it seems to be binding somewhere. It appears that the strut by the door on my 3400RL is not moving despite spraying some WD40 on the moving arm. I can tell this because it looks like the upper arm "bows" a little but will not roll up. I got it up by pushing down on the "bow" but there has to be some sort of fix.

Suggestions?

trlrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I'm assuming that your 2010 3400 is still under warranty. If so, I'd take it into your dealer or an authorized Montana tech and have them look at the unit and the awning arm. I for one thing would not be using WD 40 on any part of the unit unless it is on the inside of the unit. WD40 is petroleum based and collects dust/dirt, then gums up whatever it has been sprayed on. I use a silicone spray personally and it works a whole lot better!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #3
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
My electric awning motor was doing a slow "death dance" the entire first year I had it. Got worse over time. Very slow to retract, sometimes had to "bump" the switch to get it to start moving again. Dealer replaced it under warranty.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote