Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #21
Jeff Upchurch
Established Member

M.O.C. #20631
My advise from a recent buyer. To a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dke1955 View Post
Very strongly considering 3791RD. The storage on this unit is unreal, I honestly don't think I could fill it up...(well I say that now). I have been ghosting here for many months trying to educate myself. SO... I like the fact the 3791 has hydraulic slides, is prepped for solar panels, generator prepped, upper end entry stairs, residential fridge. I asked salesman today if the owner would have any issues with an intensive PDI (using recommendations from MOC), to which salesman said "no problem". Anyway, there is always a woulda coulda shoulda, at least for me, and I would like to make sure I miss as few check points as possible...which given the information I have gathered over the months of ghosting here I feel pretty confident. Truthfully my overriding concern is given all the problems folks have with their units over the last few years....even mentioning a class action suit on this forum, do you owners believe the basic quality is there OR is the whole purchase a crap shoot!!
Any advice would be truly welcomed. Thanks everyone!

If you wish to have service. Buy local to your home and. Make sure they have a service department that actually does service. Understand that if tltiubgravel with your unit and you encounter any problems while traveling generally speaking other dealers will tell you they don't work on any unit not purchased from them and if they will help you it will be weeks out .
The brand Keystone only means something to some dealerships . Most will tell you while traveling to call Keystone. . my wife and I are so let down with our. 2018 3720 RL legacy package unit we had built in Jan this year .
The selling dealer had one thing in mind to get our money one and send us away.
Thanks. Lake shore. RV in Michigan

Jeff Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #22
buspilot333

M.O.C. #21601
Our 3120Rl had a hump in the floor. It is a 2018 so not even a year old and has spent most of the summer with the dealer. The fix was declared but our floor sags between the joists now. I could not recommend Montana to anyone. Look for another brand
buspilot333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #23
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Once you get those replacement screws in the wheel well trim, put a little silicone caulk on the threads and it will keep them from backing out.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #24
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Stevopask - Once you get those replacement screws in the wheel wells, put a little silicone caulk on the threads and it will keep them from backing out.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #25
Mack Butterfield

M.O.C. #21654
I purchased a new 2018 3791RD and have had no quality issues. The only problems I encountered were lack of understanding some new things that should have been covered on the dealer walk-thru. Make sure they cover both battery disconnects and the auto-changeover on the propane tanks for you.
Mack Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #26
Sandra_David
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20440
Mack Butterfield, I agree.
We had similar issues b/c we were not new to 5wh or campers but there were differences that needed to be shown to us during the walk thru.
Sandra_David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #27
LigonierMontana
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20630
We have a 3791RD Legacy. Love it. Small problems but nothing that would keep me from buying it again. The solar, no one will tell you where or how it is connected. I finally did find the panels will connect on the roof. Just not sure where the wires run to hook up meters. It could use a few more drawers in the bedroom. It's a great unit. We put a morryde 39x90" tray in the front compartment.
Buy and enjoy.
LigonierMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #28
Bigbird1957
Established Member

M.O.C. #22598

We bought a 2016 3791 Rd within a few months we had Parts falling off of it took it back to the dealer and got all kind of excuses on how they would waiting on parts in this and that never did get anything fixed had to fix it myself once the warranty ran out of course I want to fix it now but they want to charge you
Bigbird1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #29
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Same Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveopsak View Post
My wife and I picked up our 2018 3790RD just about 3 weeks ago in WA and have made it to SC with no major issues. A few of The finish side panels in the slide out storage are coming loose due to the “nails” they use to fasten them but this was easily fixed with self tappping screws. Once you understand the mechanics of the bathroom door it is also easy enough to fix. Some of the screws and bolts used for the wheel trim have fallen out so you may need a few replacements along they way. Other than that... we love it. The storage is awesome.

We did the same. Before we ever left on the first trip we replaced all of the "screws" in the side panels, replaced the tires, and installed the TPMS. We still have the issue with the bathroom door - just have not taken the time to do something different, but it is on the list.

Every brand/company of RV is going to have issues - just like most everything else you purchase today. We feel that the Montana is the best and has the fewest issues as far as quality is concerned. Actually, we place the blame on the lack of qualified employees doing the builds and dealers who just want to move'em off their lots. One could say we need more regulations, but that cost money and they would just pass it on to the consumer. Just our 2 cents!
awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #30
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
Buy what you want.

Just assume you will have issues, some minor, some may be major, but make sure you can get repairs from your dealer.

All trailers have some problems.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #31
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by whutfles View Post
Stevopask - Once you get those replacement screws in the wheel wells, put a little silicone caulk on the threads and it will keep them from backing out.
Over the years, most of us have used speed nuts.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #32
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
After your One Year is up, KEYSTONE could not care less..They will not work with you. Their attitude is too bad so sad.. Now quit bugging us... We have owned 6 prior 5th wheels and non have been so poor in quality materials as this one.. The trim outside disintegrated, . On a recent trip the slide out gears stripped, toilet did not hold water and had to replace it on my dime. Now, the Fender, the Plastic Part is Cracking...REALL? Others may be happy but I would not buy another.. We are looking for nice used ones before Thor took over... Good Luck and hope you like yours.. Ours has been not a happy experience .One company is offering a LIFE TIME WARRANTY...Sorry to be a downer, but this is not fun...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote