Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
ScubaLarry

M.O.C. #20170
Hello!

Hello Everyone,

My wife, Sherry, and I are looking to go full time in just a few months. This has been our life long dream and for a number of reasons we've just decided that there is no sense to keep putting it off until we get "older." I'm retired from the Army and the wife is working remote. Kids are grown up and gone so there is no reason to keep putting it off! We're selling all our possessions and the house and hittin' the road.

We are currently shopping for our first 5'er and the wife has fallen in love with the Montana 3791RD. As we have been doing our research there are some really scary things out there about Keystone products that gives one pause before spending so much money. I would love to hear from the folks (you) that actually live it every day.

We look forward to learning what we can from you fine people!!!

Thanks a bunch!

ScubaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Read thread above, Montana issues true or false.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
First, what type of scary things are you referring too? Can not provide you with answers or help without knowing the questions you have.

DW & I have owned 3 Montana's so far and have loved each of them. We are currently Full Timers for 5 years now and still going strong with no plans on quitting any time soon. Have we had some issues with our rigs.....Sure! But nothing that wasn't fixable or caused by natural wear & tear. Some folks here have had some major issues and some have had none what so ever. It is like anything, cars, houses, etc. some are put together better then others and some seem to have been put together on every Friday the 13th!! Some of their problems could have been caused by poor workmanship from the factory or cheap parts and some was from lack of maintenance or not following operating instructions correctly.

You will find a lot of help and information here and tons of friendly folks willing to help and provide what info and assistance they can. So kick back, relax and ask whatever questions you might have.

Oh ya, Welcome to the Forum!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! We've been full time for almost 7 years now, first with a 2010 3665RE and now with a 2017 3720. Yes there were a couple of problems with both rigs and Keystone has been very easy to work with and repairs were made fast and without problems. The most important thing you can do is make sure your dealer is good at repairs and has a reputation for working well with manufacturers. You will find problems on any forum and from any manufacturer but the one thing the folks who are really angry have in common is a dealer that only cares about sell and has little or no interest after the sale.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Welcome to the forum. We are not full timers, but do spend about 6 months of the year in our Montana. We have had only a few minor problems but I'm always on top of doing maintenance.
The final decision on what you buy is yours, or maybe I should say your wife, but I don't think you can go wrong on buying a Montana.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote