Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #61
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies3 View Post
Wicked1,
I just got a 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually. I have a 3.73 rear end, aisin tran, autolevel, the truck only has 1200 miles on it so far. Around town I get 15 - 16 Mpg, Hwy 19 - 20, towing my rig I get 12 - 12.5. My Dealer says the numbers should increase as I get more miles on it. My trailer is a 2016 3720 RL loaded around 15,500 lbs. I use to pull with a 2013 2500 diesel single wheel, but after going to the Fall Rally last year, I was educated about weight differences and realized my 2500 was to undersized for the pin weight. Now I have about 1000 lbs cushion on the pin weight. The 3.73 rear end is middle of the road as for pulling power and it pulls my rig effortlessly. I increased my hitch weight to 25,000 lbs Curt hitch (A25) which is so easy to connect - un-connect. I use to have a Reese and will never go back. My truck is a Mega Cab short box.
If you want good fuel mileage, go with the 3.46 rear end but it will take you a little longer to get to speed and you will not be able to pull as much weight.

We have enough truck right now to pull what we have but based on me working with Keystone, and CW where we bought our new 18 Montana, if we canít get the issues resolved, it will be the last RV we ever buy, but so far we think Keystone is going to pull thru but we will see.

Wife and I decided not to invest anymore $ into a truck or an RV, so what I have works and I am not overloaded in any way and since I use it as a daily driver not going to go for a Dually. On my 2016 I will lost too much $ besides we know the owner of the Ford dealership and we got a far better deal on the F350 then we could achieve on the Dodge or GMC, even though we liked all of them.
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote