Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #41
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I think somevRam owners sleep with their truck. I had 1, that was enough.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #42
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We have 3 great trucks to choose from. Why did this haft to resort to brand bashing?
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #43
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
We have 3 great trucks to choose from. Why did this haft to resort to brand bashing?
Lynwood
So true. And each one will do the job equally well. But the mine is better than yours thing continues to raise its ugly head for some reason.
2012 F350 SRW CC LB FX4 6.7
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:28 AM   #44
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb27537 View Post
THERE IS NO "g"in Cummins Engines. There is a reason Ram has used Cummins Engines for what? Almost 30 years, they work. I will never own a GM product, and Ford is playing leap frog with Ram on power. The new 6.7 with the aisan (sp) is a bullet proof combo in a Ram.
So you caught a typo error!!!

It s your preference I work on all of them and my preference is the truck that delivers the power to the road in a way that it is usable.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:34 AM   #45
jeffba
Established Member

M.O.C. #20753
I have had a number of Chevy trucks. Last one a 3/4 duramax. When going to a 350 SRW my salesperson who I have bought 3 vehicles from could not find a Chevy that would came with what i wanted, anywhere. She has a sister dealership that handles Ford. I found one close enough. Told her about it. She never called me back. I now have the Ford. Things i like about the Ford that Chevy does not offer, yet. 48 gallon fuel tank in CCLWB. Camera system. Waiting to see what i end up for MPG after break in. Yes, mileage matters to some. Range is very important to me. Trying to find a gas station pulling a 35 foot TT with a gasser on a trip can be stressful.

Thing I don't like-- it is much taller than my 2014 3/4 chevy. Some would say my legs are too short.

But that 360 view camera systen does make the truck smaller when trying to park it.
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #46
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
I have had a number of Chevy trucks. Last one a 3/4 duramax. When going to a 350 SRW my salesperson who I have bought 3 vehicles from could not find a Chevy that would came with what i wanted, anywhere. She has a sister dealership that handles Ford. I found one close enough. Told her about it. She never called me back. I now have the Ford. Things i like about the Ford that Chevy does not offer, yet. 48 gallon fuel tank in CCLWB. Camera system. Waiting to see what i end up for MPG after break in. Yes, mileage matters to some. Range is very important to me. Trying to find a gas station pulling a 35 foot TT with a gasser on a trip can be stressful.

Thing I don't like-- it is much taller than my 2014 3/4 chevy. Some would say my legs are too short.

But that 360 view camera systen does make the truck smaller when trying to park it.
My neighbor, a GM salesman, says in 2019 GM will catch up to the 2017 Ford technology. My F350 saw mileage increase up to about 20,000 miles but that is a diesel. Range is more important to me when pulling than MPG so I had an aux tank put in. Sadly, finding one for a gasser is impossible and their MPG towing is not great. When pulling TTs long ago I filled at every Flying J I found ~ the RV lanes made things as easy as possible. Now I use truck lanes for diesel. I'm 5'11 and with my old hitch I used a step stool to work it. Now I use a short ladder as the 2nd step is required. Not sure if the new GM products are any lower, it seems they are all raising the bed. Not sure why as the running gear is no higher. Maybe a macho look for millennials?
Good luck with your new toy!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #47
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Had F350 2015 Ford with the 6.7 diesel and loved it. Now driving a 2017 platinum with the 6.7 and love it even more! Eventually we will be able put these trucks on remote and sit back and they will do the driving! LOL
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #48
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8e3k0 View Post
Had F350 2015 Ford with the 6.7 diesel and loved it. Now driving a 2017 platinum with the 6.7 and love it even more! Eventually we will be able put these trucks on remote and sit back and they will do the driving! LOL
Canít wait till we can leave the driving to the truck, NOT. Iím sure it will be a lot safer, NOT. Why heck its been over 50 years since I put a scratch on a vehicle but Iím sure a self driving vehicle will do much better. I do think some of this stuff is good, automated breaking, rear view cameras, lane departure warnings all can be helpful.
It would be nice when, if I get old to get in the back seat and tell my truck to take me to Union Pass Wy and wake me up when we get there. It could drive 24 hours a day stop for fuel on its own and in about 2 days we would be there. Not holding my breath.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM   #49
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Canít wait till we can leave the driving to the truck, NOT. Iím sure it will be a lot safer, NOT. Why heck its been over 50 years since I put a scratch on a vehicle but Iím sure a self driving vehicle will do much better. I do think some of this stuff is good, automated breaking, rear view cameras, lane departure warnings all can be helpful.
It would be nice when, if I get old to get in the back seat and tell my truck to take me to Union Pass Wy and wake me up when we get there. It could drive 24 hours a day stop for fuel on its own and in about 2 days we would be there. Not holding my breath.
Lynwood

I like that one Lynwood
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote