Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
What a pleasant surprise!

So, after spending the day at an Urgent Care facility, I called and had our site at roamers extended a day.

We got back at just about 5 p.m., and I stopped by the office to sight the bank card receipt for the extra day. I was asked if I had seen what was in site 63 (I'm in 64) and of course I had not. I suspected it was another Montana and said so. She said it was someone who knew me. Well, I assumed it was just another MOC'er.

As I pulled around to park it was immediately apparant by the license plate, KO4A, that it was John and Ann Kohl. What a pleasurable surprise to find them here. John had left NY about 2 a.m. an got into his stick house about 8:30 and caught a few winks, then asked Ann if she wanted to go to Roamers.

John and I were stationed in Okinawa, Japan together in the early '80's. We have communicated with each other over the years by Ham Radio, and then last year I found him on the MOC forum.

What a small and wonderful world it is.

I'll probably have some new JT Stabilizers by morning. Do you think he'll notice them missing?

what are friends for, right!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
You can do that with your Wife but this Marine fights back. DO NOT touch my JT's. Yes it was great to surprise Wayne and Earleane. Miya and our Niki are still working on getting along as dogs should.
Semper Fi.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
What a small and wonderful world!

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Glad you guys could finally connect. We are on our way to Saginaw, MN to visit with friends we met in Spain in the mid 70's. Haven't seen them since but always kept in touch with. We were all Air Force at the time. Really looking forward to this...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
And today, John played Guide (Back seat driver in my Crew Cab) with his lovely wife Ann sort of telling him where to go.

I must say that the ladies had a good time shopping, Intercourse, Bird In Hand, and a few smaller stops around the area. Bought some vitals at the Farmers Market in Bird-in-Hand and had Kielbasa, sausage, and local grown sweet corn. John fired up the grill to heat the Kielbasa and sausage and the ladies split the corn and boiled it in the Hanna's.

A very pleasant day to a very pleasant visit. Tomorrow we leave. I have 4 inches of board under the passenger wheels and it raised my steps so that the last step was a good drop down. I had a "jury" rig step of plastic and wood, but john showed me his portable step purchased at CW. Works perfectly.

Hmmm! Wonder if I can slip it into my basement!!!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote