Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Anybody know?

Does anybody know what site 335 at Lake Siskiyou is like?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hello Stiles and Dianna,

I was able to locate a map on the website of where I think you are going. It shows site 335 right next to the handicap restroom and next to an interior road used for campground travel (should be slow traffic) to the boat dock. So it could be busy.

Here's the link I found for a campground map: http://www.lakesis.com/map.html or you can try www.lakesis.com for their home page and look for the map that way and view overhead pictures of the campground, etc.

Have fun,
Art Martinez
Old 04-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Stiles,

I forgot to mention that it looks like the trees are large, but that part of the campground is for Large RVs (50 amp is available) so I have to imagine they can accomodate your rig, but the site looks like it is parallel to the campground road as opposed to back in or pull through... hmmmmm. I think you are gonna get a lot of debris (pine needles, cones, etc.) but it looks very nice.

Art

Art
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Stiles,

I'm very familiar with the park and was out there yesterday looking at this particular site. The site is a bit tough to back into, but access can be made pulling head on between sites 333 & 334. It's a shaded site with large trees. There will be plenty of guidance available from we so called helpers wether you want it or not, I'm sure. ;>)

Don
Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I am not sure about that 50a service. I was supposed to have it last year, and it was only 30A.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Stiles-

First off....we are so glad you and your wife are attending the Lake Siskiyou Rally. I have read many of your post and response to other post, so it will be nice to meet you in person.

Now about site 335......

We had that site year last.

Please be advised that we are SOB's owners. We tow a 30 ft. TT.

When backing into site 335 my husband did need to be guided by another MOC'er (Thank You Don of Searchers).

It did take a little work, but we made it. A 5th wheel would be much easier as your turn radias is shorter/sharper.

Only one suggestion about the site....from a womens point of view

You may want to get your trailer as far to the right (looking from the front) as you can. This will allow the awning to come out. There is a tree there that made it difficult for us to use our awning. Although the awning is not needed for shade....I only wanted to use it last year because it rained a little and I wanted to keep the chairs dry

Site 335 does offer a large area to the side to expand out with the chairs and a fire pit

Site 335 is fine....just bring chain saw incase LOL!

And don't worry the rest of us will have our chairs out and we will encourage you in the backing up.......

Seriouly.....You will have a great time. One of the best Mini Rallys to go to....in fact have you ever seen a Mini Rally having to be closed.....well this one is so good that they had to close new attendees...LOL!
Later, Denise
Closed Thread