Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2018, 06:24 AM   #41
Bridge4d
Established Member

M.O.C. #21290
I got a 3731 Legacy in February and have had it out a bunch of times. The lack of basement storage hasn't been an issue although it is less than we're used to. My wife and daughters like the fact that the bathroom is accessible while on the road but, the fridge is not. Looking at the floorplan for the 3761 it doesn't look like either bathroom is accessible with the slides in. That would be problem for my crew.

The biggest complaint I have is quality. I've had it into the dealer for a bunch of fit and finish issues. The forward door strikers we're installed correctly (or at all really), fender flare screws ALL fell out on the first trip, bedroom slide door wouldn't stay on the tracks and would fall off and hit the bedroom thermostat. Don't get me started on the capacitance thermostats. They don't work and Keystone wouldn't approve putting in the push-button style ones...you know, the one's that didn't change settings just by walking past them. And on my last trip one of the recliner motors failed. I could go on. I expected more for one of Keystones "High End" units.

2022 3761FL Legacy
2022 F450 Dually
Bridge4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:34 PM   #42
Hotlink

M.O.C. #21332
Great 5th Wheel

I agree, my wife and I love the 3750FL we have a 2011 and it works out just fine for us. I love the wood and color sceet it's sweet.....
Hotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #43
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
Except for the never ending quality issues, I really like my 2019 3731 floor plan. Easy access to the bathroom from the 2nd doors handy. I didn't realize though that I cant access the refer when the slides are in. Mine never seems to stay on after going on battery power, and there is no way to check it. The *&^&% converter in mounted sideways and upside down, so you cant read the display. Due to being in the shop most of the time, I've only been able to use mine twice in 4 months but both times, the refer was off when I got to my destination.
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #44
Bridge4d
Established Member

M.O.C. #21290
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghsatx View Post
Except for the never ending quality issues, I really like my 2019 3731 floor plan. Easy access to the bathroom from the 2nd doors handy. I didn't realize though that I cant access the refer when the slides are in. Mine never seems to stay on after going on battery power, and there is no way to check it. The *&^&% converter in mounted sideways and upside down, so you cant read the display. Due to being in the shop most of the time, I've only been able to use mine twice in 4 months but both times, the refer was off when I got to my destination.
Mine never stays on either. Others have had problems and the only advice they give is to 1) make sure the battery switch in the battery compartment that goes to the inverter is in the on position and 2) ensure the inverter is on. Seems most of them are in the off position.

Another issue we have is that every time we take it out a whole bunch of saw dust shakes loose from the ceiling. There's always saw dust everywhere!

2022 3761FL Legacy
2022 F450 Dually
Bridge4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #45
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge4d View Post
Mine never stays on either. Others have had problems and the only advice they give is to 1) make sure the battery switch in the battery compartment that goes to the inverter is in the on position and 2) ensure the inverter is on. Seems most of them are in the off position.

Another issue we have is that every time we take it out a whole bunch of saw dust shakes loose from the ceiling. There's always saw dust everywhere!
I've checked both and my refer still goes off sometime while in route. It's in the shop again for drivers side LR slide not functioning. I plan to bring up the refer problem again. I've already talked to Keystone and the inverter maker and get the usual runaround.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:51 AM   #46
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
It seems that once the battery gets somewhat low (not fully discharged, but I'm not sure at what voltage) the inverter will shut off. Once you get shore power or generator up you need to turn the inverter back on.

I also put a remote sender for my outside thermometer in the fridge so I can monitor the temp while the slide is in. I can read outside, fridge and freezer temps anytime.

I've also noticed saw dust every time we move. Would be nice if they took just a minute to clean up at the factory.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #47
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
It seems that once the battery gets somewhat low (not fully discharged, but I'm not sure at what voltage) the inverter will shut off. Once you get shore power or generator up you need to turn the inverter back on.

I also put a remote sender for my outside thermometer in the fridge so I can monitor the temp while the slide is in. I can read outside, fridge and freezer temps anytime.

I've also noticed saw dust every time we move. Would be nice if they took just a minute to clean up at the factory.
Great idea on the temp sender; I'll do that.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #48
ohiocamp
Established Member

M.O.C. #22373
I wanted to ask other 3731 owners how many drain hoses they have coming from under their camper. I have one up towards the front on the camper for the fresh water tank and I was out looking under the camper today and their is another one toward the back of the camper, which I don't know what it for, I think I only have one fresh water tank.

ohiocamp

2018 3731FL
ohiocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #49
cwestl
Established Member

M.O.C. #20911
Send a message via AIM to cwestl Send a message via MSN to cwestl Send a message via Yahoo to cwestl
Are you taking about the black drains or the fresh water drains? If the size is 1/2 " with a screw on threaded cap then it should be fresh water drains. The one up front is probably the drain for the system?
Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #50
ohiocamp
Established Member

M.O.C. #22373
The size of the drains is 1/2in. I do have 2 low point drains in the convenience center, the red and blue lines with valves. Where is your fresh water tank located in the front or back of your camper (3731FL).

ohiocamp

2018 3731FL
ohiocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #51
Pops8
Established Member

M.O.C. #21706
The fresh water tank is under the bedroom.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #52
cwestl
Established Member

M.O.C. #20911
Send a message via AIM to cwestl Send a message via MSN to cwestl Send a message via Yahoo to cwestl
My fresh water Tank in in the rear of the unit. Under the bedroom. The over flow is next to the electrical plug.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #53
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
You have a 3731 so you have a residential refer. That second drain is for the water line to the ice maker. It is the low point between the solenoid and the shutoff under the sink. If you expect freezing temps they recommend you shut off that line and drain it because the line is under the slide and exposed to outside temps. The other purpose is to drain it for winterizing.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:22 PM   #54
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
absolutely love ours, there is quite a bit of storage in the bedroom slide, more than it looks, I installed a "wall" ours so the inside/outside are separated. We enjoy the legacy package, full body paint, etc. I'm my opinion, it is the perfect fit for us.

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #55
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Butchiiii,
You posted over a month ago and wondering if you've settled on a decision yet. We purchased our Montana 375FL six weeks ago. We were travel trailer owners before, so as our dealership told us ... we're in the "big league" now. And I have to agree.

We fell in love with the front living room models. I never liked the front bed rooms because they sectioned off the upper living area so much, it made the camper feel smaller and cramped all the time. Then we discovered the front kitchen and the front living room and absolutely loved that open feeling between the upper deck and the lower deck.

It's kind of funny, because this is kind how our house is set up, 2 half levels, but open between the upper and the lower. Maybe that's why the separating upper bed room walls and bath always felt claustrophobic to us.

For what it's worth, we knew there were models that had larger basement storage. Some have storage in the rear under the bed room, large enough for a golf cart now. That's simply amazing. But the think we disliked was the center island blocking everything in the kitchen when the slides were in.

The 375FL with the front door on the passenger side and the back door on the driver side and no island is a phenomenal layout. Before settling on anything, I hope you have an opportunity to actually step inside this model. I think you'll be impressed. It feels so open, the kitchen has plenty of counter space, and the entire kitchen is accessible with all slides in. The back door makes accessing the bed room and bathroom accessible with slides in.

Basement storage is not critical in our style of camping. To a full timer, it might be. But for us, the space in the living area is more important.

Everything I kept stowed away in our truck with shell and shelves in the shell fit somewhere in the new 5er, including a mountain of lumber I use for leveling, even on some pretty hefty inclines.

We hope and plan to eventually sell the house and hit the road full time. With this model, I'm pretty confident we can. It does not have a generator, so that space under the over-hang is empty, which affords a lot of storage also. As I move slow making changes and want plenty of time to think things through, I contimplating making some protective walls over the house batteries and all those wires in the front compartment where the generator would fit, to accommodate more storage and stuff won't fall or hit wires or the batteries.

I think boondocking, the 375FL is not designed for that. The refer is all 120 A.C. electric. One would have to install a pretty hefty solar panel system to keep batteries going if boondocking. The 374FL is the exact same model, except it comes with the AC/Gas refrigerator. It's worth looking at too. Hope you get a chance.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote