Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
fredb54
Established Member

M.O.C. #4440
Noisey Micro/Covection

Hey All
We just finished our first run in the 2955RL. Lucky for us we have only 2 problems.
One is the Micro/Convections makes a lot of noise starting up, does anyone else have this problem with there units.
Also we have a tear in the curtin that seprates the bedroom from the bathroom is this a problem item for Montana.
I'm just amazed that everything else in the unit works like it should. This makes the first time for me that everything is as should be. I spoke with Keystone about securing recliners for traveling, they have no procedures and reading the posts there is no one way to do this.
Gosh I can't wait for our next run, hope to hear from you all

Fred

fredb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We really like to hear about folks who find nearly everythng Ok on their new unit..Shows that Montana CAN do it..Hope we get one of those.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Fred
Glad to hear you have not many problems. We haven't either except for other manufacturers (Quest, Domectic, Fanastic Fan). So yes Rich Montana can and does do it. We just don't hear about the do's only the don'ts.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:36 AM   #4
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Fred:
We have an '05 2955RL as well. If you have an Apollo mw/convection, you can probably get it replaced without much fuss. They used them in place of Dometic for awhile and there is no other way to say it but they are CHEAP. The door latch is sticking on ours. Dealer ordered us a new one this week without even seeing it. He knew they had issues. Unfortunately, the replacement will be an Apollo too and there's no way to upgrade when in warranty.
You'll love your coach, we do; you just gotta work thru some of the bugs.

Good Luck!

Clyde
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:39 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes we do mostly hear about things that go wrong. But then things that go right are not an issue.The headlines in your local newspaper will not read ..everything went well today...And Montana is responsible for everything that goes into the unit, Tires Fans, etc,I will bet that if the Rv manufacturer were financially responsible for everything that is in the camper instead of the vendor they would pay way more attention to what goes in them.....and It would be good to hear from all the folks that HAVE NOT had any problems with their units..Might be a good thread to start.. I see a thread problems with the RV ..how about ..No problems with the RV/// I'm going to do it....I wnat to hear good things..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote