Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
smfdva
Established Member

M.O.C. #9538
Hole in Wall from Slide...Need Repair

Well it finally happened. When putting in the Living Room slide on our 2008 Montana 2955RL, the slide caught the chair which then pushed center table into wall. It left bananna shaped and sized hole in wall. Will not be hard to repair if I can find the wall covering/paper to put back over section. Anybody know where I can get this? Probably need a 3' x 4' section.

smfdva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:52 AM   #2
bwney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4633
We did that a while back. I put a cable outlet cover over the hole. Of course, it is connected to nothing.
bwney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
smfdva
Established Member

M.O.C. #9538
Not a bad idea!
smfdva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

They do make blank outlet covers.

One of these days, a future owner is going to mod in an extravagant entertainment center, try and get a signal out of your outlet, fail, take it apart to find nothing there, and call you a so and so!

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Jim, I had the same issue when a tree limb found its way through the side of our trailer above the window in the bedroom. After making fiberglass repairs to the exterior wall and inserting foam to the back of the exterior wall I had an opening from the top of the window to the ceiling trim piece about 12" wide. I could not locate the wall covering from any business including the manufacture. The manufacture could provide the seam tape you see where the wall panels are joined. Since I only need to cover an area less than 12"X12", I cut a piece out of the back of the closet wall. The wall paneling separated easily from the foam backing. I placed the piece in the hole and covered the vertical seams with the seam tape. The window gasket and the ceiling trim covered the horizontal seams. I covered the hole in the closet with a piece of decorative paneling. It just looks like an access panel in the back of the closet. Let us know how you come out n your repairs. Jim C.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Sounds like it's time for the old "Hang a picture over it" routine!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote