Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #1
Milkweedmike

M.O.C. #25674
Question 2001 montana 2955 RL. do I access the potable fresh water tank?

So basically the hose that fills up a freshwater tank has been broken and all the water just falls out the bottom of the RV before reaching the fresh water tank what do I do any suggestions?

Milkweedmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There are two easy places to check for breaks.
1. Remove the fill port on the drivers rear side. The fill hose connects there and has been known to come loose.
2. Inside the RV, at the rear on the drivers side, is a carpeted sloped piece. There are screws in the carpet to hold it in place. Remove the screws and check the fill line that runs beneath it.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
larry-n-steph
Established Member

M.O.C. #20410
I had the same issue on my 2002 Montana. The hose from the outside fill to the tank was cracked and I had to replace it. It's not a fun or easy job, and the same type of hose is almost impossible to find. I found some hose at Lowes that I spliced into what was left of the original hose.
larry-n-steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:01 PM   #4
Milkweedmike

M.O.C. #25674
Its definitely cracked I can see it from lookin up into it from the bottom. And I know about the carpeted slope I tried that. My problem now I guess is how do I get enough room to see where my hand is going when I try to put the new hose on. It seems impossible unless I bring my sawzall into the equation
Old 02-13-2020, 07:44 AM   #5
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Doing many years of IT work and running network cabling, when we had to replace a wire in a wall that went to an outlet we would tape (lots of tape and overlap) the new wire to the old one and pull out the old one. The new one would now be in place. Maybe if you had enough room you could attach a lead string (use weed eater string, very sturdy) then pull the freshwater fill hose out at the convenience center (or wherever the source is). Once you have that done attach a new freshwater hose to the pull string and pull it back through in place. The trick is to make sure when you tape them together they are smooth so the dont snag on something.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:24 AM   #6
Milkweedmike

M.O.C. #25674
What exactly am I taping ?
Old 02-15-2020, 04:26 AM   #7
Milkweedmike

M.O.C. #25674
Is there a picture or video for an example
Old 02-15-2020, 07:54 AM   #8
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
I have not done this. I am not familiar with your model so take this with a grain of salt. This will only work IF the hose is NOT clamped or zip tied anywhere along it's lenght. Looking at Keystone build videos it looks like the have not yet discovered clamps or zip ties. Anyway, as long as there are no clamps or zip ties to snag the hose it should slide through fairly easily.
If I was doing this...
Remove the basement walls and as much coroplast as you need for access. Disconnect the freshwater hose at the convenience center and the freshwater tank. Have a helper gently pull the hose to them while you watch it from the front. You are verifying that it is NOT clamped or zip tied.
IF it slides smoothly, attach the new hose to the old one as in the videos. Make sure there is a very smooth transition between the new one and the old one so it does not snag on anything. I would also attach weedeater string to it for future use (pull tape). Pull the old hose out carefully (spin it if necessary as you pull it).
Couple of videos demonstrating techniques
Keystone cougar underbelly
https://www.loveyourrv.com/inside-th...e-fifth-wheel/
Freshwater tank at 6.5 minutes.
Replacing thermostat wire. Good example for replacing a water hose.
https://youtu.be/NXkswK7TXuY
Wall fishing

Attaching fish tape

Keystone factory tour
https://youtu.be/cV0OZv0bCgc
Bottom chassis. Shows heated duct install @ 1min (down the middle).
https://youtu.be/j_1JQYSZbmY
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote