Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
Campgrounds in/near Toronto?

We will be traveling to a conference in 2020 in Toronto and are looking for help from both our neighbors to the north as well as anyone else who might know about campgrounds in or near Toronto. Thanks!

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
google is great.

https://www.google.com/search?client...fi=hd:;si:;mv:[[44.2523316,-79.0851327],[43.3705451,-80.0555463]];tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:1
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
google is great.

I have already done the typical searches for campgrounds. I was asking more about personal experiences (the purpose of this forum "room") with any of the campgrounds in or near Toronto. As we all know, just because its on the internet doesn't make it true (or nice). I've found plenty of campgrounds on the internet that I wouldn't want my family or our camper in.

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Old 10-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
We have stayed at Glen Rouge Campground a number of times while in the Toronto area. It is in the east end, nearby the zoo. The GO station is not far away. This is a train to downtown and beyond.

Glen Rouge has some pull through sites, some are 50 amp. It is a very attractive place as well. You may want to reserve ahead, though. Get on the website and find out when reservations open and reserve right away. We do this every time we want our favourite site.

https://trca.ca/parks/glen-rouge-campground/

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:41 AM   #5
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
We do this every time we want our favourite site.

https://trca.ca/parks/glen-rouge-campground/

Thanks for the information. The conference is downtown, so being close to the rail would be a big plus rather than trying to find a place to dock the Nimitz downtown. We were looking at this campground and wanted some personal experiences with it. Can I ask which is your favorite site, or is it like a favorite fishing spot? LOL I was trying to find an easy way to identify the 50 amp sites, but still working on that one. Do you happen to know how early you can make reservations for the next season? Thanks!

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Old 10-17-2019, 06:51 AM   #6
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Our favourite campsites at Glen Rouge are 27 (first choice) and 29. For 27, you need to come in with the front of your trailer facing the river, otherwise the electric will be on the wrong side. The young people at the entrance do not know that. It is a 50 amp.

Depending on what part of Toronto you need to be, the same outfit that runs Glen Rouge also has other campgrounds:

https://trca.ca/activities/camping/

I am not familiar with the other ones as we always stay at Glen Rouge. This is because we visit friends and family in that area.

As for fishing, sorry we do not partake in that sport so you are on your own there.

You have to check the website or call the to find out when the reservations open up. I called in the winter and found out. This spring I was able to reserve on March 18. Because there is not a lot for camping in the Toronto area, you will need to reserve. Mind you, we did see some empty sites when we were there in early July. We were told that on weekends the place is full. It is very popular with the locals.

I don't know where you are coming from, but if you are coming from the west then you have to cross the city. If you are coming from the west, let me know and I will give you tips about that.

The GO train takes you right downtown to Union Station. To get parking at the station, keep in mind that the commuters quickly fill the parking lot. The "remote" lot, not that far, is usually good. To find that, take Port Unon Rd. right to the end, there is a traffic circle, and you see the lot right there on the east side of the circle.

If you need any more information, do not hesitate to ask. We used to live in Toronto many years ago and are still fairly familiar with the place.

2017 High Country 305RL
Old 10-17-2019, 07:45 AM   #7
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
We too can second the Glen Rouge, although it's been a few years since we've been there.
We've camped there in Tents, Pop-ups, and TTs. Last I remember there were not Full Hook-ups as no sewer, but it could be different now.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #8
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
We too can second the Glen Rouge, although it's been a few years since we've been there.
We've camped there in Tents, Pop-ups, and TTs. Last I remember there were not Full Hook-ups as no sewer, but it could be different now.
The serviced sites have water and electric. There is a dump station near the entrance/exit. Some sites have 30 amp and some have 50 amp.

2017 High Country 305RL