Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
New Airbed Sofa Sleeper ???

We have just taken delivery of our new Big Sky and have overnight guests. We are having a problem with the airbed sofa...We cannot find a manual in the paperwork we received. Here is the problem. We have it properly inflated, BUT the sofa frame wants to sink down as in fold!!! We have looked for some kind of locking system for the frame, but none is to be found. Can someone out there help us ASAP.

THANKS...we are desperate and the dealer is closed...

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We had guest on it for a week. I am having trouble understanding where it folds. We just pulled the back forward and folded out the legs and it was stable. Then flipped the switch to inflate. It worked every time for us.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Here is the Flair website, they have a video on the site.

http://www.flairinteriors.com/sleep/sleep.html
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Thanks Stiles, It seems the basic problem is when you put weight on the hinged area where the back connects. When the bed is open this would be the bottom most section. Like if you get out of bed and sit on the edge suddenly you start folding up. Don, Thanks for the website. The video did not show anything we were not doing, but Tom will call them tomorrow to see if they can figure out what is going on. The dealer service guy showed us how to inflate during our PDI but we did not sit on it after it was opened and inflated. We have looked at the frame where it hinges and we can't see any type of locking mechanism. Will let you know what we find out when we call.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It will be too late for your question, but we are to get back into the Montana right after Christmas and I will check out trying to replicate your problem. If I get to it sooner, I will give you some feedback.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Like Stiles, we have had guests and not had the problem you describe. I thing you have a problem to be addressed. Good luck!

Jo-Anna
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
We also have not had any problem with ours but will be using it over Christmas and will check it out to see if there is a problem. Our kids liked the bed but it was a little cold for them with just sheets on the bottom so next time we will put a heavy blanket under them. Thats a lot of air to try and heat with body heat.

Merry Christmas

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
We found the instructions for the air bed in the drawer of the couch - have you looked there? Hopefully that is where it is!

S
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #9
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Send a message via AIM to av2pilot
I've got an 07 3400 in Blue and wonder if these guys have a replacement sofa that will match and what they cost. It looks WAY better than the standard!
av2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Harry & Jackie, If you are looking at the website mentioned in the above post, there is a place "Contact Us". I sent an email to them earlier today and THEY CALLED ME!!! It seems there is a bolt in the frame of our sofa that has broken and one that is crooked in the frame. The person on the phone (Mark) said it was due to faulty installation. He is suppose to send us an email telling us exactly what is needed to fix the problem. My point is if you send Flair an email perhaps they can answer your question. I was surprised how quickley they responded.

Chuch & Suzanne, We checked under the sofa and still no instructions. When I get time I will go through all the paper work again and see if I can find anything. I still have a couple boxes of things I have to find places for in our new unit. This is our third unit and each time we trade I say "This is the last time".LOL In a couple of years guess I forgot how much work was involved.
Dec. 19
Received the email from Mark with two attachments...one instructions and the other complete directions on how to repair our problem including photos. Looks like Flair is very good at customer service. If anyone would like for me to forward these attachments to them, email me.