Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
If you every want to visit India

We just returned from a five week trip to India. Our first and pretty sure it will be the last trip there. We have friends who live there and that was part of the motivation for the trip. It truly was a trip of a lifetime.

Think our trip went very well and we sure enjoyed ourselves. Took 2000 pictures! If anyone is thinking about such a trip, we would be happy to share some of our experiences and observations. Just email us.

mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
traveljunkie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6224
Welcome Back!

What a great opportunity to visit friends and see India! It's so much better when you can see a country with someone local. I've always wanted to go there, but it's not in the foreseeable future for vacation plans. I may end up on a work trip there, if so I definately plan on adding some extra time to see the country and will take you up on your offer to share experiences and observations if it happens. What was your favorite moment of the trip? favorite site? Did anything catch you off guard?

We are traveling to France at the end of April for a 2 week trip (springtime in Paris!) and also will have the opportunity to visit friends that live there 6 months out of the year. I can't wait! If you have any France trips let me know.
traveljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I know a guy who flew to India for a hip replacement. Top notch surgury, newest technique, 10 grand including air fair.
The guy walks perfect today, pain free and feels it is the best money he ever spent.
He could have suffered for two years waiting for Canada's "free" medical.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mobilrvn

We just returned from a five week trip to India. Our first and pretty sure it will be the last trip there. We have friends who live there and that was part of the motivation for the trip. It truly was a trip of a lifetime.

Think our trip went very well and we sure enjoyed ourselves. Took 2000 pictures! If anyone is thinking about such a trip, we would be happy to share some of our experiences and observations. Just email us.
Having been on a few of those trips, my favorite part is when I clear customs and the Customs Officer (with that beautiful American flag on his shirt) says, "Welcome home, sir."
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Medical tourism has really taken off in India (and other places, too). A lot of procedures can be done for less than a person's co-pay.

We made a five day stop in London on the way and we overwhelmed with the cost of everything in London. (DW and I met in London when I was stationed in England. She is an Aussie. we married in Ipswich.) The mass of people and the wild traffic also got to us a bit. Didn't even try to drive over there. The most spectacular sight was the Taj Mahal, however, other buildings were also great. We took a three day detour to Kathmandu, Nepal. It was very interesting, but like all the large cities there, the smog was so bad that we never got to see the mountains.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote