Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Arts & Crafts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
So, I've been kinda busy.......

So I've been having a blast...while I still need the corrective surgery, I can still do some stuff. I actually had a laser built, and it arrived a few weeks ago. On top of that, I have befriended a great luthier and have been helping build musical instruments....mainly dulcimers. I'm actually building one for my stepmother, and it's truly special...go to our blog, and you'll see the blow by blow of the build. It'll be completed this week, I think. I'm also build a few other types of instruments, and it's great to learn something new with woodworking ! The laser's a blast too...I'm working on doing some type of 'tana plaques too. I'm still glad winter's almost over !!!!!!!!

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Bill,
Facinating work. I can't wait to see the finished product. The laser sounds interesting. Show us some pics.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Fall Rally. Will you be able to make the Mid-Atlantic Rally?
Jim
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Well, now I see my new posting on my blog isn't up...hmmm. Will get that fixed.

Hey Jim, still up in the air on the mid-atlantic rally. It will all depend on how much work I get done on the new house this spring.

I'll try and get some pics up of the laser....did you see the pics of my "garage" on the front of our 'tana? That's where the laser lives I used the laser to engrave the headstock on the dulcimer...here's a pic of the headstock, tailpiece and fretboard I built.
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice work! I know you will appreciate warm weather, with the shop rather poorly insulated. It's nice to have that room.
You are a craftsman. Keep us updated.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Bill that is somemore fine work. I love working with wood and seeing other folks do it too!!
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote