Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2004, 10:55 AM   #1
Montana_1973

M.O.C. #1973
Mouse problems

I'm from Minnesota and store my 3670 RL in the winter in one of my machine sheds. What are some of the things I need to do to prevent mouse problems? I have poison set out in the storage compartments and have put bounce fabric softner sheets in key places around the camper. Under sink and in storage compartments etc. I was told that rodents don't like the smell of Bounce..
Any other ideas that any of you have learned from your experience? Thank you for your ideas.
Stan

Montana_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all, Welcome to the MOC!

Mice also don't like the smell of moth balls. Put about 12 to 15 in bowls and place them around the interior and in the compartments.
Not sure I would be using any poisons. I wouldn't want any mice decomposing in my rig over the winter.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:25 PM   #3
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
In the 3670 the hydraulic hose for the bedroom slide is open through a bushing from under the bed into the front compartment. Shoot caulk up there and keep the mice in the front compartment and not under the bed.

The converter can be removed from the wall and pulled forward by removeing the 4 mounting screws. Use a spray foam to seal the 4 or 5 two inch holes that allow the wires to pass into the under belly spaces.

Seal around the sink drains .... lots of passages into the underbelly.

Check all the propane lines passing through the floors. We had the plastic bushings the factory uses pushed out of place. The one under the kitchen stove is a devil to get at unless your arms are 4 feet long.

Not only will you slow down the mice, the whole thing will hold the heat better.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:04 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don't overdo with the mothballs. This is one application where "a little dab'll do ya". Years ago I tried the mothball trick in our old Wilderness FW. We didn't get any mice but it took months and months to get the mothball smell out of the inside of the coach, come spring. I tried everything from Febreze to an ionizer and nothing really helped. Just a mothball here and there should be ok.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:01 PM   #5
Dick n Marie
Established Member

M.O.C. #58
Instead of putting mothballs inside I sprinkled them around the outside. Anywhere they would have access to getting inside. Tires and front legs. Haven't had a mouse yet and you don't smell the place up on the inside.
Dick n Marie is offline   Reply With Quote