Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #21
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Tom (The Bird Man of the Road) stay! You are a permanent fixture here! (Compliment) And I know what you mean about Old Fashioned. Having to compete in todays world for me is like selling buggy whips to Studebaker!

PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #22
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Tom, Kinda like the idea of having a guy who recommended Chester Frost as thier secret hideout and gave me the site # to look for, to hang out with on this forum. Steve
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #23
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
ok, don't know what happened, and don't know the people involved. Tom, I would like to introduce myself i'm Swanny (kevin). i believe if you really wanted to leave you wouldn't have made the post of your intentions. so please stay. i believe your post is to bring light to some posts that are not constructive. Most everything on the forum is just someone opinion. Opinions can cause feather to be ruffled. Our opinions my not be fact or correct when talking about the posts at hand. this can cause a poster with absolute knowlege of the issue to become a little forceful in his or her response. even personal. think about all the people involved with this site we are doing really good. I also think it's the time of year, we are campers, travelers and people who like to be outdoors. we are now borderline caged animal and this forum just might be someone outlet. remember this happens on all forums. well as i said before this is my opinion. did i upset someone. did i make someone happy or did i make somebody think. don't know. i'll just wait to see what comes back. am i worried nope. because my opinion may be a little off base and if so i'll be corrected.

kevin

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #24
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Tom,

I personally would hate to see you leave. I like your posts, your ideas, your quick wit and all of the helpful information you have given to this forum is priceless to me and to others; this forum is all about helping each other, and you are a helper!

I have been upset by the stupidity of many posts, and found myself firing out a response and not hitting the send button, and most of those times, it has been because I took the time to consider the source, and whatever I said back to them would fall on deaf ears. On the other hand, there are those people who do not read my posts...so be it! We are all entitled to our opinions and that includes you!

In your case, consider the source, move on, and continue to be the asset you are to MOST of us on this forum.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Tom,
Please do not give up on the forum. There are a great many members who read and never post. They will miss you as will all the others. I agree with you that sometimes things get said that are hard to swallow. It seems there are people that cannot accept letting another person have a point of view. I do not post much anymore but did in the last few days and sure enough a negative reply. I only read posts from people I respect (Robbie is one). The "slam" is often hidden in a long post and may not be evident to all. Hoping you stay around.
JMHO
Happy trails................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #26
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I agree with all the others on there comments about you. its a shame that this incident (which I dont know what was said either) can cause you to want to up and leave, I will miss seeing your craft at wood carving if you take a departure from the MOC. I have been slamed many time on another forum but I stayed and let there statements roll of me like water on a ducks back , I wont let one indivedual run me off a place I enjoy and you souldn't either.

TT2
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #27
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Tom41 was gracious in not naming names and or indicating specifics of why he posted what he did; Which is as it should be.

Unfortunately the thread has taken an untoward turn. It appears that members are thinking it was something that one of then said or did. This is not the case. The issue at hand is between the OP and the MOC Administration and does not directly involve any other members. I am certain that Tom41 did not intend for the thread to go in this direction.

This additional information hopefully will keep members from thinking it was one of them that somehow caused the problem.

We hope that Tom41 as well as all our members will stay with the MOC. We are working to resolve any misunderstandings so as to bring this current issue to a satisfactory conclusion.

Thank you as always,

RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:53 AM   #28
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
In the absence of adequate information there always seems to be negative speculation.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:26 AM   #29
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
And I hope he keeps posting those wonderful pictures of his carvings. Those would be deeply missed.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks for the clarification.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote