Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
HELP- (2003) 3295RK Owners

Have a special favor to ask of any of uou owners of a 2003 - 3295RK. Not sure if you saw my earlier post to the MOC, but we had a little accident with our Monty. We now have it in storage awaiting an estimate for repairs. The repair dealership called yesterday (they are doing the estimate from photos) and they need the exact measurements of the basement door (the one beside the entry door) Since our unit is an hour and half away Tom thought perhaps an owner of an identical unit would be nice enough to measure the door and send us the dimensions, or post them as a response to this request. We need the following:
Door length and height including the frame around the door AND the length and height of the opening. Thanks so much. Miss you guys
Joyce

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We have a 2004 3295 not sure if they are the same or not. Our door is 28 1/4 by 59. The opening is 28 1/2 by 59 1/2 This will give you some idea. I'm sure there will be someone who has a 2003 on here soon.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:09 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Joyce, is your 2003 a late one with the flat floor upstairs or an early one with the step between bath and bed areas? They have different size locker doors. The measurements Ronstan gave you would likely match the late 2003. The measurements I emailed you are for an early 2003. They are nearly identical to Ronstan's except his door is taller, apparently by seven inches.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Steve, Thanks for pointing this out. Ours is the one with the flat bedroom floor. I had forgotten they had changed this before we took delivery on our 2003. Really appreciate the measurements. Will wait a little longer and see if we get some measurements from someone with the 2003 3295RK with the flat bedroom floor. Worse comes to worse we will drive the hour and a half and measure. We just got the call back with the estimate ($4,000 +) fortunately it will be covered by our insurance. This happened on our trip up to CT to see the kids and grandkids. Made too sharp a turn on one of those narrow CT roads with a large metal guard rail setting right on the edge of the pavement. Unfortunately the rail caught us at the basement door and continued all the way back with the major damage on the entry door. We continued with our trip and enjoyed our visit, but now face the hassels and inconvenience of ordering parts and getting repairs done. The closest Montana dealership is about 3 hours away from our vacation home in WV (where we are for the summer), in Manassas, VA (Reins RV). We have our Monty in storage at Candy Hill in Winchester, VA. We are having a good summer and getting lots of work done here, but sure miss our RV time. Anxious to get back on the road in early October. Keeping our fingers crossed our unit will be ready to roll by then.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wow, I'm glad the damage was no worse than it was! It's enough of a headache already. The 2004 numbers from Ronstan likely are identical to yours. But I don't blame you for wanting to be sure. Good luck with it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Joyce,

We have a 2004, built June 2003, have the flat floor in the bedroom.

Al's measurements are:

DOOR, inluding frame: 28 wide, 58 7/8 high

OPENING, 28 1/2 wide and 59 3/8 high

Sorry to hear bout your boo boos, good luck on the repairs!

Suggestion: Do you have your VIN number, if so, call Keystone and see if they can tell you what size door??? Customer Service???
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 02:33 AM   #7
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I don't think there is a difference in door size among most of the floorplans, as long as the flat floor is what You have then it should be similar. Is the dimension needed for an estimate or to order parts? Estimate is just that and for parts I would physically measure the unit in case there are any variations.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #8
The Wind
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4200
Is the "basement" the storage area? If so, why not measure the other door on the street side? Would they not be the same?
The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Thanks to all of you for your help. Knew I could count on you, even though I have not been real active here lately. (slow modem hook-up here only) We got our estimate and parts are ordered. Now we are just keeping our fingers crossed that the Monty is finished when we are ready to hit the road in a few weeks. We are enjoying a great holiday weekend with some of our children and grandchildren and enjoying this cool early fall weather here in the mountains of WV. Catch ya all later. Thanks again!!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:08 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
A question for those more experienced than I am. In a case like this, shouldn't the repair people be able to contact Keystone, give them the VIN of the Montana, and Keystone would be able to send them the exact replacement parts for the unit? When our Montana was damaged, we were standing at the service desk when the service manager called Keystone regarding parts for ours - they also took pictures of the damages for their own use, which I'm assuming they could have faxed to Keystone if necessary. Just wondering.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:40 AM   #11
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Sunshine what you said makes sense. I would have a problem with any dealership doing repairs that is asking the owner for the size of the damaged door. I would expect any Keystone service center should have enough experience to know the size of a door or how to obtain that information without asking the owner.

Good luck Joyce, I hope the dealership does an acceptable repair for you. I might drop by and inspect it before they cover up their repair with the finish paint. Might be worth the cost of fuel and the 3 hours drive time. Are you sure there was only exterior damage and no frame or suspension damage?
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote