Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #21
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scott-pati

Great job!
Over last new years day and over the summer we had a sudden rash of property theft on the street and my security cameras and another neighbors cammeras caught all the action. two of them lived at the end of the street. They were all caught and went to jail. One of my neighbors said, aren't you afraid of retaliation? I said no, someone has to put their foot down and help stop crime. I said let them come get me, they will see what happens when they open my bedroom door at night!
AMEN!

MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 AM   #22
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
I am still proud of the call I made to State Police back in 1978. My wife and i were returning home from a night with friends at about 1AM, when we witnessed some folks loading a car into the back of a ryder rental truck. .. in the darkness of the backroads that we often used as a shortcut home. These guys had a large 12 volt light they were using to illuminate the loading ramp. We were not able to see the registration tag, but my wife was able to jot down the ryder DOT number on the side of the truck. We called the State Police as soon as we arrived home (1978). About two weeks later, a dispatcher from the local LSP troop called to thank us, and to inform us that in tracking down the Ryder truck, they were able to uncover a larger organization that had been responsible for 100+ vehicle thefts in the SE US.

Thanks for making the call Michael!
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #23
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Artemus, minding your own business includes your decisions to protect. tks for the update
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #24
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Artemus, I agree with everyone else, here. You did absolutely do the right thing!!

A short story.

Not too long ago the residents of Elkhart County learned that we have a Prosecuting Attorney that is on the side of the average law abiding citizen. 4 young guys broken into a home in broad daylight to steal whatever they could find valuable. They learned very quickly that the home owner was sleeping in a bedroom and awoke and shot one of them dead. The other 3 fled and were captured later because, they were scared so bad they couldn't keep their mouths shut! Needless to say when it was all said and done, these three are spending considerable time in prison on murder charges because, they caused the death of someone else. The homeowner was never charged for anything. It did cause a lot of controversy amoung the population. But, the PA won due to the evidence and testimony presented in court.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #25
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We are proud of you. We should be proud of the person we see every morning while we shave. You can be.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #26
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Hey Gang, there is some new interesting developments concerning the info I posted above. First, I need to mention that there were 5 youth involved in that break in. 4 of them were 18 and 19 years old and the oldest, 21 years old, was the one that was fatally killed by the home owner. The 4 teenagers are now in prison.

But, in today's issue of the Elkhart Truth right on the front page, is an article saying that there is an episode to be aired on Dr Phil concerning this case on January 17th. In this area, that would be on the CBS network. So, check your local listings for times and channels.

It sounds to me that the parents of these teens just do not get it! Only my opinion but, where were they when the boys were growing up?

Sorry for the rant! I'm done now.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote