Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
FINALLY - Got the 5.1 Surround Sound to work!

Getting 5.1 Surround Sound in my Monty has baffled me until now! I have discovered that for 5.1 sound out of the radio only, turn the radio on then hit the PLII button (also has the Dolby symbol) on your remote several times until you see "Matrix" on your radio display. You should then experience "surround sound". Similarly, if you want 5.1 Home Theater sound on your TV, make sure "Matrix" is selected on the radio then on the TV MENU go to the application MEDIA PLAY then AnyNet+ (HDMI-CEC) and make sure the Receiver setting is "ON". When it is on, you'll have 5.1 surround sound from your TV. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to save the settings. I have to go through the TV sound procedure every time I turn the TV on. And on a related matter, in case you've been wondering why your radio reception is crappy ... make sure the power booster is "ON" for radio (and "OFF" when you want TV). Perhaps most of you already are aware of these things but it wasn't exactly intuitive for me. Hopefully this will help a frustrated soul or two.

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
moutard2. I'll have to follow up on your tips when we're back in the Monty. One thing I thought was kinda neet. My brother in law has a Bose system at home. It came with a head set microphone. To automatically adjust the speaker levels for surround sound, he would sit where ever he normally sits to watch a movie, change to automatic audio calibration mode and the system sends a tone to each speaker and adjusts the level. The system in the Monty has the same feature. There's a microphone in the accessory bag with a long cord and a mini-jack. Use the system menu to find automatic audio calibration. Unfortunately I think you have to run through the setup each time you cut power to the trailer.
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I didn’t have the problem with the sound system remembering the settings. Our problem with the sound system and the backup camera was they weren’t hooked up. The dealer was unable to help. They had no idea how the system was supposed to work.

When the living room TV failed one month out of warranty the fellow at the TV repair company Toshiba sent us to in Ft Smith put the wires for the sound system in the correct holes in the back of the TV and the sound system now works very well.

The flat panel of the TV had failed the original cost quoted was more than a new TV. The fellow at the repair center called Toshiba and they admitted they had some problems with the flat panel and provided the parts without charge. I had to pay for the service.

This is what you call integrity!!

Phil P

PS: I got the camera out and took a picture of the back of the TV. Now if we ever have to remove the TV or replace it I have a reference to go by.
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote