Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Slide water leak..repair costs?

Looks like we have a significant water leak at a slide. Taking it in a "diagnostic" look-see at a Dealer's. I'm looking for the approx. costs anyone has incurred for a repair/replacement of the slide seal(s). Not sure if it is the external seal(s) (the rubber ones along the side and top) or the "inside" seal where the slide butts up against the frame when it is open. Just trying to get my figures together when we discuss repair costs...

Thanks

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Never (knock on wood) had to do this to my own rig. I helped replace one on a Teton and wasn't that difficult, just need to take your time. This was the rubber seal that has a spring clip that looks like a squeegee. You sure its bad? Possible it might be an end stop problem?
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
Check the caulking along the bottom edge of the slide. I found a pin hole in the caulking. That is where I had a leak. My seals were replaced at the factory when they did the upgrade to the bed slide. Can't give you a cost.
Dick
rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
tbhd2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5709
I would suggest contacting Keystone's sevice center in Goshen and see if they will do anything for you. Don't know where you are at but if you make an appointment for when you might be in the area or maybe they will have you take it to someplace local. They seem to be very gracious about fixing problems even if you're out of warranty. They repaired our 2004 bedroom slide while we were there for another problem this fall.
tbhd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Thanks, All...I have talked to Keystone, but we need to find the cause before we can discuss the remedies and the costs. 'Peciate the replies..

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone!!
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
You might check the upper left and right corners of the seals. Mine didn't leak but when I had my rig in to Goshen a couple years ago, as part of them fixing other things they noted that my seals had pulled away from the corners. So they stretched them out both ways and put a screw in each corner. Now the seals fill the entire area. What they told me is that the seals have a tendency to shrink in the weather.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
I recently had leak problems with the BR slideout and scheduled a visit to a dealer for a warranty repair. My wife went out and looked at it and noticed the weatherstrip was twisted near the top of the slideout. The new rig doesn't have any long term memory in the weatherstriping. Anyway, we got the weatherstrip going in the right direction and no more leak problems.

Before the wife found the problem, I talked to a neighbor that also owned a Montana and he showed me his fix. This was on the bottom of the slide and they added a heavy duty doorsill type of weatherstripping and butted it against the base. He said it corrected the problem.
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote