Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Fort Lewis, Washington

We're camped at Fort Lewis Army Station at their family campground. It's a nice place with full hookups. This weekend we hope to move to Astoria, Oregon and then on to Cape Lookout State Park near Tillamook. We'll eat some ice cream for ya!

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Glad you made it that far and hope the rest of your trip is a piece of cake. If you have never been on the Oregon coast it will be a real treat for you. So much to see and experience between Astoria and Brookings it will keep you busy for sure.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
I was stationed at Fort Lewis in the early 60s when I was but a teenager. I drove past once a couple years ago, but now that I know they have a RV park will make it a point to stop and see what has changed in the past 40 years.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:05 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It's a nice park, Ron. There's a huge central facility where you check in and can buy fishing tackle, etc. and check out equipment for camping and rec activities. Many of the sites are pullthroughs and it's all in a wooded setting. There are also cabins to rent. All this is centered around a small lake. Check it out. It's nice. Full hookups, too.

Don, we are realling looking forward to our trip down the Oregon coast. We've heard that it's beautiful.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:14 AM   #5
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Judy,
Looks like the weather will be nice for your trip down the coast. We are in Ocean Shores,WA and will move to Ainsworth State Park on the Columbia River Gorge on Saturday. We will be in Newport on the coast on Monday. Will we be in front or behind you at this point

Charlie & Nila
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We have been blessed with such wonderful weather on our entire trip and I'm glad it's going to be nice for our trip down the coast. We're heading for Astoria tomorrow and have reservations at Cape Lookout State Park on Sept. 27th. Then we'll make a mad dash for the rally with a side trip to the Redwoods. It looks like we'll cross paths somehwhere. Have a safe trip and enjoy the weather. Looks like we're better off than some of the other areas.