Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
rally campgrounds

Hello Everyone. Sorry Fred and I haven't posted in a while. I just got off the ship and we've been very busy with Christmas. Today I finally had time to google and call some prospective campgrounds in the Lake George area. All I got were answering machines maybe I'll have more luck after the new year. I was wondering what people would be willing to pay per night. I was trying to keep it under $30. Some of the larger campground however are $40+. I've found some nice ones in surrounding towns that are in the $30 range. It is my understanding everyone would prefer full hook ups and I know pets are a must. I'll list the campgrounds I've looked at, that meet the above requirements. If any of you have stayed in any of them please let me know how they were.

http://www.daggettlake.com/index.html
http://www.lakegeorgeescape.com/main.htm
http://www.saratogarv.com/
http://www.ranchopines.com/
http://www.lakegeorgervpark.com/

Also if there are other places in the area where you stayed please let me know.

Jen

FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:50 PM   #2
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
I am all for the Lake George RV Park, excellent park. Going there one way or the otehr this summer anyway, but anywhere is good for me.
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:18 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Lake George RV Park looks real nice. S/B at $45.00 per night.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:32 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Saratoga Springs looks ok to me. At least there doesn't seem to be a $5. per day charge for pets. Looks like large sites with not too many trees to hit.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:36 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have no problem with The Lake George area but I do have a problem paying $40 to over $50 per night.
As much as I would like to join the Northeast Region's rally I am afraid I will pass if the rates are $40.00 or higher. I should also point out that a number of the camps charge an additional $5 for Friday and Saturday nights and as Bill and Ann pointed out some charge $5 extra for a pet.
Lake George RV Park has no weekly rates and their daily rate of $45. plus $5 for Fri and Sat is outrageous.
Lake George Escape Hi Season rate of $48 plus $5 is even worse.
The other 3 campgrounds have more reasonable rates. These 3 campgrounds may or may not have all the amenities of the other 2 but than again who needs them. As we will be doing our rally things and in our free time be visiting Lake George and the surrounding area I am not going to be using most of these amemities so why pay for them?

Also keep in mind that June 6-12 is Americade week which is a huge motorcycle rally.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:20 PM   #6
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Glenn and Lorraine,

Personally, we are leaning towards Saratoga RV Park. Their sites look spacious, they accept pets, price is $30 a night before June 25th. And, I agree that the amenities are not all important for any group or rally. We'll be brininging our own amenities, to some extent, and we can carpool instead of using their trolley.

However, we haven't received a reply from Saratoga RV Park yet and we want to keep everybody up to date on what we're looking at. Not to mention, get some ideas on what is acceptable for most everybody.

Another thing I don't like about Lake George RV park is that their reservation form specifically states that there is no guarantee of placement with group reservations. That kinda defeats the purpose of a group reservation.

Fred
Old 12-31-2004, 02:17 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Fred,
To be honest Saratoga RV would have been my choice as well.
I just can't see paying for all the amenities some of these parks have. About all we use a park for, other than the RV, is for a place to lay back and rest up. Other than that we are rarely in the park and so we hardly ever use their amenities so why pay for them? While in the park with a rally it's potluck meals, bonfires and just hanging out with little time for park amenities.

If Saratoga RV operates anything like we operated our NY fishing camp you probably won't hear from them until sometime after January 1st. January is when our phone would start ringing off the hook. 70% of the reservations we would take over the winter were taken in January. If you don't hear from them I would suggest calling them by the end of next week.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:22 AM   #8
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Thanks for the advice Glenn. Jen emailed and called and left a message already, and their message states they will be returning from vacation on January 3rd. So, she'll try then.

Fred
Old 01-09-2005, 03:01 PM   #9
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Hi,

I'm new here and I don't know any of you, I am considering taking this trip from Southern NH. My wife and I just aquired our 03 3255RL I have a F350 dually crewcab TV. We just upgraded from a 2000 Rockwood 2602 travel trailer which is up for sale if you know of anyone interested (hope I didn't break any rules by saying this).

I've never been on a rally and don't know what to expect. But I do know being in my 40's I can't make the trip out west for the national. Its just too far to drive with work and all. Can you say weekend warrior / vacation time use only.

So I am asking. What do I need to know before I commit to going ... or should I ?

Thanks for your time.

Chris, Donna and Max (the Lhasa)
Old 01-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #10
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Hi Chris, Donna, and Max,

First off, Welcome to the forums!

Generally, rallys are great places to meet people with similar interests and to exchange ideas. We attended the National Montana Owners Rally in Goshen and absolutely enjoyed ourselves. We met quite a few people and we saw many improvements to rigs that gave us ideas on making life on the road easier or better.

My wife's family have been attending rallys (for a different club - Holiday Ramblers) for several years and they have made many friends through the rallys. With the MOC group, there is a different dynamic that I think improves both the rallys and everyday postings here. Because this group was started on the internet and there is almost daily communication between members, the rally was a great place to put faces to names. Not to mention, everybody was more comfortable with each other and discussions seemed easier than at the other rallys I have been at.

As for what goes on at a rally...Generally, there will be a few get togethers, pot luck lunch or dinner, games and campfires. If members play instuments, there may be improptu music groups (my wife plays a couple of instruments). Being in a sightseeing area, we will also ensure everyone has time to go out and see the local attractions.

Being a first regional rally, there will also be discussions on how to organize regional rallys in the future and how to rotate the rally locations fairly throughout the region. There may also be a chance to discuss smaller gatherings within the region.

To give you an idea of the events at the national rally, here's a link to the daily newsletters (in word doc format): http://www.fifthwheelliving.com/MOC/
Regional rallys will not be as busy because we probably won't have as many rigs in attendance, but it should still be fun for everyone.

Fred
Old 01-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #11
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
A quick message to everyone, we're still waiting on responses from campgrounds. As soon as we have more information, we will post it.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:18 AM   #12
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Hello, everybody. I made a few phone called again this morning.

Saratoga RV Park seems like the place to go. The lady on the phone (I forgot her name already) was very nice, and seemed willing to work with us. They are available the first weekend in June (3-5). If we have more than 20 rigs then the rate will be $25 a night for WES and cable, ($27 a night if less than 15 rigs). They have pull-thrus and back in. Pets are not problem, just bring their rabies papers, leashes and clean up after them. If we decide to go with this park they will require a one night deposit. I'll get more info if we do choose this campground.

Daggett Lake - I left a message again.

Rancho Pines - I think is too small only 54 sites. But I left a message anyway.

I din't call the Lake George RV Park or Escape because the feeling I got from most of you was that it was too expensive.

I have to get this booked by the end of the month. PLease keep the input coming.

Thanks
Jen
Old 01-10-2005, 04:52 AM   #13
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Saratogo looks good for us.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:55 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Saratoga works for me.
Just want to clarify one thing. Is this is a 2 or 3 nighter?
In your post above you indicated "June (3-5)" which is just 2 nights.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:14 AM   #15
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We've got a lot of small trips planned this year. If the price is right, then you can count us in.
Glen, you always ask the questions I want to know the answers to Thanks.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #16
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
I don't know how many people will be taking time off from work to come so my thought was Friday to Sunday. I planned on also including Sunday night for those that can stay also. So that would be 3 nights (friday, sat, sun). I won't plan any big events (dinners, meetings, etc) after Sunday noon so if people have to go they can. Personally I plan on being there wed or thurs and staying till monday.

Jen
Old 01-11-2005, 01:17 AM   #17
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Sounds good to us. Let us know what we can do to help.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:41 AM   #18
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
We just got a call back from Dagget Lake. they are too small to hold 20 rigs, so it looks like Saratoga RV is going to be the site of the rally.

we will be calling Saratoga RV back, but we need a rough estimate of number of rigs, so if you are planning on attending, please reply here. So far it looks like the following members will attend:

FredG
snowbunny
Glenn and Lorraine
Bill and Ann
Chuck and Carol

I'd like to keep a list of attendees similar to what was done foer the National rally. Please reply here is you are planning on attending. Once we finalize with Saratoga RV, we will post more info on the campground and how to make reservations. Saratoga RV staff has offered to do the same thing that PlaMor did by handling each rig reservation directly, but they do want to know an approximate number of rigs.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #19
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
I believe we can make it!
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #20
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Back on line and delighted to read all about the NE Rally. We hope to be there and are looking forward to meeting everyone. Glad that pets will be allowed--we'll have Bailey in tow. Glenn--Bill is from Wyomissing! Small world!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote