Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
ceiling fan remote?

I have been thinking about putting a remote control on our ceiling fan and mounting it by the door, but leaving the light to still work off of the switch. It should't be hard to do. Have any of you done this? Any feed back will be appreciated. Thanks Jack

Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Nope, interesting project, could I ask, WHY?? You probably have a great idea and reason, and I am just curious enough to ask, WHY??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
No but we have 2 ceiling fans in our stick house that have remote controls and it is nice. One is on our covered patio and it helps to keep bugs away as well as cool you down.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Like CountryGuy I also have to ask "WHY?"

I understand a remote for the television as you are changing channels frequently. I never understood a need for a remote for the thermostat as I rarely change the thermostat more than once a day and now a remote for the FAN? Again another remote I see no need for. I rarely change the fan speed.
Everytime I visit my doctor he recommends more exersize. As we get older we need all the exersize we can get and another remote or 2 is not helping.

Of course this is just my opinion and if you feel you need a remote than by all means DO IT!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
One is over my bed and I sometimes like to lower the speed as the night cools down. Also for those ladies that have hot flashes this thing is wonderful - on high for a few mintues and then down to low.
We did not search for a fan with remote - we just happen to like the looks and the brand. I agree we need more exercise but I don't want to get out of bed to adjust. Check Hemet temp. and you might understand and it is only June. July and August are hotter.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
Warren Wayland
Established Member

M.O.C. #3218
Just think of the exercise you can get trying to find all those remotes. Wife is only 5'1" so I'm thinking of putting in a wall switch someday.
Warren Wayland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
You would have to get another ceiling fan. One that comes with a remote.
Don
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Warren,
I'm only 5'3" so understand the vertically challenged problem. We just put longer chains on all of the fans for me. You can buy decorative pulls and then the long chain hanging down doesn't look so bad.
Happy trails..................