Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
While on the subject of Canada

We are hoping to travel from Minnesota to Newfoundland this summer... Mid June to September and are looking for any suggestions we can get.. We travel by the seat of our pants without making reservations unless someone tells us that certain areas are a must so if you know of anywhere that we we will need reservations or any [b]unusal[/b] places that we must see (we have studied all the normal tourist places) we would sure love to hear from you..

We have been To Niagra Falls and all the way to Bar Harbor but have not been North of that into Canada with our RV. Thanks for all suggestions.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
Better check out info for Quebec City, I think they are celebrating 400 years. I've heard that area expects to be very busy this summer.
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
And learn, "Je'na pa qua Francaise." I know the spelling is not right, but it does mean you don't know French when you say it.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #4
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Regarding your trip planning.....you have several options as to the route you want to take..the easiest and least traffic would be heading north up to the Trans Canada Hwy and then east..but there isnt much there in the form of population and touristy things until you get into Ontario..then you have to a make the decision to go on to Ottawa or turn south and go to southern Ontario....Going the other way thru the states would be busier and have several large cities to pass thru or by...which puts you squarely in the busiest tourist areas......
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Helen,
Check the "trip report" from my wife and I re. our trip to the Maritimes at http://www.toad.net/~cholmes/ for some ideas. Great trip and lots to see and do. Best wishes,
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote