Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Portable Grill Experiences

We currently have a Road Trip Classic grill, and saw that Camping World has a great deal (for a couple of more days) on a Thermos Grill To Go II Advantage and decided to go ahead, place an order and try it out. The PC price was only $119 with $5 shipping and handling. Reading reviews on the grill, the main thing that attracted me was that the lid supposedly shuts fully where wind does not affect the cooking. On our RoadTrip grill the wind could actually blow the flames out when we were at the beach and other windy areas. Anyone have one of these grills and can confirm my thoughts that hopefully I made a good choice since I know I got a good price??
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Bingo I have yet to see any propane BB-Q stay lite in a good wind especally on the beach, when I was dunning at Pismo Beach Calif I found building a wind blind was about the only way to keep it lit I seem to have that problem with my rectangulag weber too. Time to biuld a folding steel blind for it now.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Krusher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11244
Bingo, I have the Thermos grill and have used it with great results in all conditions. The only minor problem I orginally had was that if you quickly open both gas valves to light it, the regulator thinks there is a leak and only produces a very small flame. If you open one at a time, slowly, and then light the grill, you will have no issues. This year I am using a distribution tree and an extension hose from a 20 lb lp tank instead of the small disposable bottles, as you go through those smaller bottles pretty quick. Another plus to the Grill 2 Go is the stand/cart that it comes with works great with my Weber charcoal grill. I just take off the Thermos Grill and set the Weber in it's place.
Krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
We have had the same issue with the wind while trying to BBQ, so I finally got one of these and the wind issue is a thing of the past and the food does cook quicker.

http://grillguard.com/
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote