Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2004, 05:54 AM   #1
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Traveling Northeast;

We are planning on leaving here (NW Indiana) the first of August with the intent of getting to Prince Edward Island around the 1st week of Sept. We don't carry an alarm clock or calendar; Just go where the wind blows so to speak. We plan on going to Buffalo, Rochester, then up along the northern edge of NY thru Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. I'm wondering whether anybody else has traveled that way. We don't like making reservations more than a day or two in advance 'cause we're never sure where we're going to be any more than that. Can anyone tell me how important reservations are in that area? Appreciate the feed back.

'01 Dodge 2500 Laramie SLT LB 4X2 Quad cab diesel. Auto, 3.55. 15K Reese.'03 Montana
2955RL. Moving To Montana package.
I bought a Cummins engine, it just came wrapped in a Dodge. http://www.pmtchips.com/product.asp?...D1000&dept_id=

Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:34 AM   #2
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Thank you much for the feed back. It has been duly noted, printed and is in our trip folder now so we can refer to it. When we plan a trip we e-mail the states in the general vicinity of where we're going and get "tourist packets" from them, then check as we travel to see what else we might like to see.
I spent 40+ years as an over-the-road trucker and Maine is the only state I haven't been in. What we're doing now is going back and seeing all the things I couldn't take time to see because of size or time restrictions.
Again, thank you much for the info.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 06:45 AM   #3
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
If you're coming across the top end of NY/VT you'll be taking Route 11 and Route 78 across Lake Champlain between Rouses Point NY and Swanton VT. There are two campgrounds that I know in that area Lakewood Campground on Hog Island and Alburg Travel Trailer Park in Alburg. Both are nice and right on the lake. Lakewood usually has a few spots available during the week but are pretty full up on weekends. We are about a mile from Lakewood. There is major construction on Route 78 at Alburg Springs where they are replacing a bridge across Missisquoi Bay. If you come through at rush hour you may get a delay otherwise you should be clear. It's a nice area.

There are no interstates going east west at the top of the state so you are safe!

Have fun.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote